Crawler question.

SoFloW

Looking to grab my first crawler. I know there’s great crawler like the gercrawlers and the krr that I see big dawg in jersey killing it on, those are out my price point. So I’m only looking for monkas or sherpas. I’ve heard great thing about the both of them and then also some big cons about both. Heard the Sherpa has a horrible lookup ratio and then I heard the 2 piece monkas back ends break off often. I like them both equally aesthetically but what does someone with experience have to say to help me get the best for my bucks. Please help. Thanks su. 

@Jim137a you’re the dude I was talking about I was mistaken, i thought you used a krr. But yeah I was assuming those ran a good amount of cash. And I have no social so I wouldn’t be able to catch a drop. By him. And @captainhookset yeah I’m honestly trying to be a hair more bougie than a mainstream bait. I appreciate that though. I see a lot of Sherpas and monkas on here so I just wanted to know which one would be best for actual success. But yeah @Jim137a you absolutely have been slaying on those crawlers man. What’s the retail on one? 

The Kurouto Monster crawler definitely gets bit. Casts like a bullet and has a great action and sound at all retrieve speeds. On the other side, you definitely need to upgrade from stock hooks and rings. And I personally have trouble keeping the aluminum wings tuned correctly, but that's more of my ineptitude than anything, I think. 

the sherpa is great, the stock hooks suck and are too small, upgrade to a longer shank hook and no issues, what i dont like is it sits lopsided on the pause or at rest, i fish my crawlers with a lot of stop and go so not ideal if thats how you plan on fishing it, one the plus side you can fish it very slow or very fast and the wings are highly tunable and easy. nice crawler for all conditions if tuned right. 

the two piece monka sucks IMHO, the tail section sits too low on the pause/rest and catches weeds, and harder to tune. The one piece monka is one of my go tos, casts awesome, pauses 100% horizontal and gets crushed, down side is they go out of tune super easy and some can be next to impossible to tune. other downside is sucks in anything but calm water i feel, killer in calm water or very light chop/wind

deka dodge is great, cheap, walks great, nice sound, downside is casts like a potato chip but easy to tune and readily available 

any of the kurouto crawlers are great, the two piece is crazy noisy and awesome in choppier water, where i like the one piece in calmer conditions, readily available on ebay and Japanese sites for way under retail. hardware and rings suck. never had any go out of tune. 

kenyon is dope, solid bait, tunes easy and catches fish, was my go to crawler last season 

jackall pomodour is solid option for short $$ and a lot of guys like it, i never put the time in with it cause of all my other options