Rod talk!

Fishstrong102937

I’m looking at getting a custom rod build to replace my old school split grip LDC heavy. It’s not like any other rod I’ve owned though so it’s hard to explain what I’m looking for. 

the first 2 foot or so is super spongy but snaps back once it hits the back bone, the rest of the rod is between a broom stick and I’d almost say XH it shuts off quick!

anyone know what blank and action they used for this specific rod or a different blank that is close? 

THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS!

• 1 month later...

Highly recommend Fish365's custom builds. I was looking to get a weird cranking rod built and he found a killer blank for it and the finished rod is sick AF. 

On 10/24/2023 at 6:45 PM, Fishstrong102937 said:

I’m looking at getting a custom rod build to replace my old school split grip LDC heavy. It’s not like any other rod I’ve owned though so it’s hard to explain what I’m looking for. 

the first 2 foot or so is super spongy but snaps back once it hits the back bone, the rest of the rod is between a broom stick and I’d almost say XH it shuts off quick!

anyone know what blank and action they used for this specific rod or a different blank that is close? 

THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS!

all his rods are phenix blanks, factory blanks, no special blanks or blends regardless of what you hear. 

I had the exact same rod you're referring too so I know exactly what you mean. its got a parabolic tip with fast action mid/low end. back when the options were siler or gold threads and split grips! 

from what i understand phenix doesnt make that blank anymore but the 790H carbon is super close, rated 2-8oz, i added a custom one this season from justin at nameless who is building strictly on phenix blanks now, stick is a beast. 

On 12/6/2023 at 1:56 PM, chefchris said:

all his rods are phenix blanks, factory blanks, no special blanks or blends regardless of what you hear. 

I had the exact same rod you're referring too so I know exactly what you mean. its got a parabolic tip with fast action mid/low end. back when the options were siler or gold threads and split grips! 

from what i understand phenix doesnt make that blank anymore but the 790H carbon is super close, rated 2-8oz, i added a custom one this season from justin at nameless who is building strictly on phenix blanks now, stick is a beast. 

Is the 790h 7’9” or 8’?

On 10/24/2023 at 3:45 PM, Fishstrong102937 said:

THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS!

There’s a fair amount of misinformation out there including some of what’s said above. Post a pic of the rod you’re trying to replace. 

On 12/6/2023 at 10:56 AM, chefchris said:

Couldn’t be further from the truth, regardless of what you hear.