Monster tackle has Savage gear line thru's

t.musky

I think if you're going to try to exploit The existence of SU to flip baits for a profit, you better have a thick skin and an extensive sense of humor. And no one cares that you paid more than retail when the baits are available at retail.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some guys just do not have the extra money to blow on expensive baits and givin the option they try to trade- thats where guys make the mistake of labeling a person just trying to get a diffetent bait with a "flipper". - stereotyping . like myself, i cant afford to go out and buy baits every week , but i like to put a trade offer up whenever i can - especially if its to bolth of our benifits-

I think if you're going to try to exploit The existence of SU to flip baits for a profit, you better have a thick skin and an extensive sense of humor. And no one cares that you paid more than retail when the baits are available at retail.

After this one im going to keep them to myself like others are asking but why do you give a F***?! You come on here and try to act all hard and ish. If you want to talk PM me.

You always do not know what people pay for there baits, they may not have paid retail and they are just trying to get there money back. I think you where asking $225 for a 3:16 FS gill......what's the difference?

I think most of you guys need to keep your comments to your self.

+1. Well said.

Good, I hope the flippers on here get stuck with them.

+2 I hope so tired of seeing the same people doing this ish...

You always do not know what people pay for there baits, they may not have paid retail and they are just trying to get there money back. I think you where asking $225 for a 3:16 FS gill......what's the difference?

I think most of you guys need to keep your comments to your self.

Agree to this one, people do what people do. Think what you want of them, let others make their own outlooks.

I can't understand either how someone could sell baits readily available for higher than retail. How could you expect that to happen? What is your rationale?

Flipping 3:16s or deps is a different story because they are not readily available. Supply and demand determines that rare or hard to get baits can be flipped for a profit, but it is absurd to flip common baits for profits. I've seen guys selling hudds or triple trouts here on SU for higher than retail and I feel sorry to see that. My opinion is that buying baits on forums like SU is supposed to be cheaper than retail; I wouldn't even pay equal to retail prices here for baits I can buy from common sources.

I've sold several items here and I've always sold them at lower than what I originally paid for them because I already used them and I understand the period during which an item has been used or even just sitting on a shelf collecting dust is depreciation that needs to deducted from the resale prices.

What you actually paid for a commonly available bait should not be considered when reselling it on SU or any other forums. It just does not matter. If you paid highrt than retail, that is your mistake and loss you need to absorb.

Just my 2 cents.

I can't understand either how someone could sell baits readily available for higher than retail. How could you expect that to happen? What is your rationale?

Flipping 3:16s or deps is a different story because they are not readily available. Supply and demand determines that rare or hard to get baits can be flipped for a profit, but it is absurd to flip common baits for profits. I've seen guys selling hudds or triple trouts here on SU for higher than retail and I feel sorry to see that. My opinion is that buying baits on forums like SU is supposed to be cheaper than retail; I wouldn't even pay equal to retail prices here for baits I can buy from common sources.

I've sold several items here and I've always sold them at lower than what I originally paid for them because I already used them and I understand the period during which an item has been used or even just sitting on a shelf collecting dust is depreciation that needs to deducted from the resale prices.

What you actually paid for a commonly available bait should not be considered when reselling it on SU or any other forums. It just does not matter. If you paid highrt than retail, that is your mistake and loss you need to absorb.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree with you there, I stuck them up a few days before they were readily available and wasn't aware of the fact they were gonna be. I probably am gonna take a hit because honestly I wasn't too impressed by the bait today when I fished it, I will probably just get rid of the ones I have for retail or trade them away.

I didn't think that was hard at all...buying and selling like you're doing is what drives prices up for the people that actually fish bait X. So everyone suffers in this scenario. Prices get unnaturally inflated and you get stuck with baits that you paid almost twice what they're worth.

Bass Pro in Az has a ton, 17.99 both colors and all sinks, Az dudes, getchu some

Yeah they do. I got one of the guys to throw it in the main tank and the big fish seem to like it. You can also get an idea on the action with the lure. I was out yesterday at Canyon Lake here and watched a guy catch a 7.9lber on the moderate sink light trout.

Bass Pro in Az has a ton, 17.99 both colors and all sinks, Az dudes, getchu some

Yeah they do. I got one of the guys to throw it in the main tank and the big fish seem to like it. You can also get an idea on the action with the lure. I was out yesterday at Canyon Lake here and watched a guy catch a 7.9lber on the moderate sink light trout.

that was cool... ! i heard somewhere you can use a floater and put a tungston nail weight in it and make it sink slower almost suspend....

Man if that's a moderate sink...what does the fast sink look like, an anchor?

As far as I know, they only have a moderate sink, slow sink, and a floater available.

What's cool about it, is that it sort of evens out as it sinks and shimmies, and then when it was on the bottom, it sat vertical without even trying. It was really awesome to watch.

that was cool... ! i heard somewhere you can use a floater and put a tungston nail weight in it and make it sink slower almost suspend....

That and adding a heavier hook... BBD recommended that one. Tried out a ST41 and had the bait right below the surface.