LDC SI rod

FOX941

Anyone have any experience with the standard issue?  I’m not a big two piece rod fan so on the fence about it.  Looks clean though.  I was hoping the 8’ and under would be one piece but all look to be 2 piece.  

1 hour ago, FOX941 said:

Anyone have any experience with the standard issue?  I’m not a big two piece rod fan so on the fence about it.  Looks clean though.  I was hoping the 8’ and under would be one piece but all look to be 2 piece.  

It’s not a typical 2-piece rod, it just has a removable butt section to make it easier to ship or transport. I don’t have any experience with this new model yet, but I just bought the 83mh today. They look really nice, all of my LDC’s have always been amazing rods with great quality, and Ben’s customer service is top notch 

11 minutes ago, FOX941 said:

Thanks dude.  Price is cheaper than I thought it would be too. Might have to snag one 

I’m excited to try it. I like that it allows him to make rods longer than 8’ without having to charge $300 shipping lol

38 minutes ago, Adusak said:

What's the difference between the the new models and the older ones. What makes one better than the other? 

The new ones have a removable butt section, so he’s able to make rods over 8’ without having to make it stupid expensive to ship. They are new blanks also, different weight ratings, new reel seat, full double footed guides, etc

3 hours ago, FOX941 said:

I’ve been fishing them for a while now and have been really happy with them. The  ratings are true to what LDC says they are and action, taper and tip are different than the workshops. Great all around rods for soft and hard baits. 

It’s a 1 piece rod with the ferruled removable handle is nothing like the 2 piece rods we had as kids. The ability to shorten the rod by almost 24 inches is really nice for putting them in cars, rod tubes (saved me on a trip to Japan earlier this year) or even smaller rod lockers. I also have some that I haven’t taken apart just leave them in the garage rod rack. 

19 minutes ago, FOX941 said:

Any issues with the rod section coming loose and or turning while fishing?

No I haven’t had any issues. JDM rods have had these handles for years allowing them to make the rods smaller for public transit and storage. 

As someone who uses multi-piece rods only (F5 Departure / Leviathan Daily / Megabass Valkyrie World Expedition), just be sure to use some Smith ferrule wax and you won't encounter any issues related to the joint. 

11 hours ago, FOX941 said:

Any issues with the rod section coming loose and or turning while fishing?

11 hours ago, Londonmitch said:

No I haven’t had any issues. JDM rods have had these handles for years allowing them to make the rods smaller for public transit and storage. 

2 hours ago, chevro1et said:

As someone who uses multi-piece rods only (F5 Departure / Leviathan Daily / Megabass Valkyrie World Expedition), just be sure to use some Smith ferrule wax and you won't encounter any issues related to the joint. 

Ferrule wax is included with the rods from what I’ve heard.  

I see no mention on the LDC site regarding the SI's taper.  

I prefer more parabolic rods.  I own a White Label XH, and have used White Labels in the ML and H variants.  For the longest time the White Labels were listed as slow taper as part of their product description. Starting last year the description now states they are moderate.  I don't now whats up with that, but it concerns me as that slow taper was highly unique in the market.

Once you have chosen the power rating you need, IMO taper is everything, followed very distantly by balance.  So, I'm eager to know what the taper characteristics are of these SI units.  

For anyone who has already ordered one, when you receive it can you compare it to whatever else you have so as to paint some sort of picture of the dynamics of the rod?

Thank you!

-Carl

3 hours ago, KeepinItReelFishing said:

I see no mention on the LDC site regarding the SI's taper.  

I prefer more parabolic rods.  I own a White Label XH, and have used White Labels in the ML and H variants.  For the longest time the White Labels were listed as slow taper as part of their product description. Starting last year the description now states they are moderate.  I don't now whats up with that, but it concerns me as that slow taper was highly unique in the market.

Once you have chosen the power rating you need, IMO taper is everything, followed very distantly by balance.  So, I'm eager to know what the taper characteristics are of these SI units.  

For anyone who has already ordered one, when you receive it can you compare it to whatever else you have so as to paint some sort of picture of the dynamics of the rod?

Thank you!

-Carl

I DM'd them on IG as soon as they launched asking about it. "It's a moderate action with a slow taper."