LDC SI rod

FOX941

21 hours ago, KeepinItReelFishing said:

I see no mention on the LDC site regarding the SI's taper.  

I prefer more parabolic rods.  I own a White Label XH, and have used White Labels in the ML and H variants.  For the longest time the White Labels were listed as slow taper as part of their product description. Starting last year the description now states they are moderate.  I don't now whats up with that, but it concerns me as that slow taper was highly unique in the market.

Once you have chosen the power rating you need, IMO taper is everything, followed very distantly by balance.  So, I'm eager to know what the taper characteristics are of these SI units.  

For anyone who has already ordered one, when you receive it can you compare it to whatever else you have so as to paint some sort of picture of the dynamics of the rod?

Thank you!

-Carl

Ben talks about the new Standard Issue rods in Episode 301 of Cast and Crank podcast. 

Edited by chevro1et

21 hours ago, KeepinItReelFishing said:

I see no mention on the LDC site regarding the SI's taper.  

I prefer more parabolic rods.  I own a White Label XH, and have used White Labels in the ML and H variants.  For the longest time the White Labels were listed as slow taper as part of their product description. Starting last year the description now states they are moderate.  I don't now whats up with that, but it concerns me as that slow taper was highly unique in the market.

Once you have chosen the power rating you need, IMO taper is everything, followed very distantly by balance.  So, I'm eager to know what the taper characteristics are of these SI units.  

For anyone who has already ordered one, when you receive it can you compare it to whatever else you have so as to paint some sort of picture of the dynamics of the rod?

Thank you!

-Carl

Ceaser Chavez from Toxic Baits did an IG reel review. Was pretty detailed.

• 3 months later...

Anyone with feedback on these? Considering the 8’ heavy as a glide and wake rod for 3-5 oz baits. 

Not sure if it will be too stiff for mainly treble duty. 

Edited by Jerkbait22

1 hour ago, shaneo said:

Have an 8'6" heavy and love it for glides.

Thanks for the feedback. I’m specifically interested in the 8’ version because 8’6 is kinda long for me. 

I have the 8'XH.  Have caught fish on jig hooks and trebles with and the action lends itself to both well as least the way I fish.  It is very light and well built.