BFS Bass

brootalititties

Been getting into some bfs trout fishing lately but decided to go hit the local pond for an hour today with the gancraft 70 and try for some bass. Got one to commit in awful post frontal conditions and it’s so fun playing fish on this super light setup w/ 5lb Test and light Drag settings.

In regards to the gancraft 70, today was the first time I’ve fished it in still water and man is it a cool bait. Probably the most realistic fry/minnow imitation I’ve ever seen, i was fishing a floater that I tuned to sink really really slow, just giving it very light twitches with long pauses it moves in such a subtle lifelike way it’s pretty awesome, got to watch the fish stalk it into shallow water, sit under it for a second, then smoke it after the tiniest twitch.

Conclusion, bfs swimbaiting is dope. Can’t wait to catch a big one on this setup lol.

IMG_0652.jpeg

I been fishing my gancraft 70 but on a much different setup, super fun bait! I've got mine on a 6'6'' bamboo orvis spinning rod from 1959. Felt like a rod like that deserved a good reel, so slapped a stella 1000sspg on there. Too much fun to fish I haven't used a baitcaster since I got it

IMG_6259.jpeg

IMG_6156.jpeg

54 minutes ago, willlliw said:

I been fishing my gancraft 70 but on a much different setup, super fun bait! I've got mine on a 6'6'' bamboo orvis spinning rod from 1959. Felt like a rod like that deserved a good reel, so slapped a stella 1000sspg on there. Too much fun to fish I haven't used a baitcaster since I got it

Very cool setup! I would assume that it’s very whippy/parabolic is that the case? I was fishing it on an ultra light spinning setup before this but the bfs really is sick for accurate casting and pitching it into moving water pockets and having that instant control, very fun, the hype is confirmed for me! So far the GC 70 has been my favorite/most successful bait but really have only been doing it for a few weeks.

1 hour ago, brootalititties said:

Very cool setup! I would assume that it’s very whippy/parabolic is that the case? I was fishing it on an ultra light spinning setup before this but the bfs really is sick for accurate casting and pitching it into moving water pockets and having that instant control, very fun, the hype is confirmed for me! So far the GC 70 has been my favorite/most successful bait but really have only been doing it for a few weeks.

Id say more parabolic than a graphite rod but it has a decent backbone for bamboo. I also have a cheap BFS combo I agree it is very fun too.