Giants! 10lb, 9lb, (3) 8lb and 7lb!!!

22RangerZ520R

great works as always man, I feel like these trips are always super well planned out and productive, even though on day 3 you didn't break 6! (what a shame) I think for most guys this would have been a trip of a lifetime. 

congrats on DD #5 pretty awesome stuff. 

would love to see some pics of the boats in action, scenery from these trips, obviously without giving away too much intel.  

1 hour ago, chefchris said:

great works as always man, I feel like these trips are always super well planned out and productive, even though on day 3 you didn't break 6! (what a shame) I think for most guys this would have been a trip of a lifetime. 

congrats on DD #5 pretty awesome stuff. 

would love to see some pics of the boats in action, scenery from these trips, obviously without giving away too much intel.  

Appreciate it sir.  Yeah, I always plan my trips around the full and new moons and I always try and go during the week, not on weekends.

It's a thin line to balance as far as wanting to post about your success and get "recognition"/atta-boys (which I'm guilty of since I posted about this trip) vs keeping it to yourself to avoid drawing attention to the lakes, etc.  I've recently thought about stepping away from social media and not posting for a while.  I blur everything in my backgrounds or get very close to the shoreline so there isn't anything that gives away where I'm at in the background.  I've preached that to several people who fish the areas I do, but it has fallen on deaf ears.  Their desire to be cool and post everything C2C, etc to "gain clout" in the swimbait community outweighs the value of keeping others off the lakes you fish.

Here's a pic of my boat in action this past trip, lol:

20231130_061837.jpg

1 hour ago, 22RangerZ520R said:

Appreciate it sir.  Yeah, I always plan my trips around the full and new moons and I always try and go during the week, not on weekends.

It's a thin line to balance as far as wanting to post about your success and get "recognition"/atta-boys (which I'm guilty of since I posted about this trip) vs keeping it to yourself to avoid drawing attention to the lakes, etc.  I've recently thought about stepping away from social media and not posting for a while.  I blur everything in my backgrounds or get very close to the shoreline so there isn't anything that gives away where I'm at in the background.  I've preached that to several people who fish the areas I do, but it has fallen on deaf ears.  Their desire to be cool and post everything C2C, etc to "gain clout" in the swimbait community outweighs the value of keeping others off the lakes you fish.

Here's a pic of my boat in action this past trip, lol:

20231130_061837.jpg

boat is so sick man, something like that would be beyond overkill here in NE plus half the bodies of water have the worst ramps ever. there's a total of 3-5 bodies of water that boat could be used here in RI! it would be like having a lambo and only driving it in school zones 

I never understood the cast to catch stuff especially when its super obvious where you are. like I ran a few cameras a few years back and never posted it cause its super obvious where I'm at and our lakes/ponds are already tiny enough. if its for your own use, learning bites/spots i get it. 

but with all the bait makers, clothing companies, rod builders etc all running c2c seems like its just asking for it to get blown up to the point where things will be unfishable 

I saw the same thing happen with striped bass/surfcasting here, everyone posting every spot, posting on FB/IG/forums with full on locations and what not, then the spots get shut down due to parking/trash/people being disrespectful, i walked away from that scene and haven't missed a minute of that drama! 

2 hours ago, danthefisherman said:

Insane trip! You know it was good when 6lbers aren’t worth mentioning (my pb is 6.7 :cry:)

Thanks.  It's all relative as to what is considered a "trophy" imo.  A trophy up north/northeast might be in that 6lb-7lb class while down south a DD is the benchmark for that trophy status.

Way cool Brotha! You were obviously able to find & key in on them pretty well. I’m curious about how specific the bite was, in regards to the usual suspects of factors (Time/Loc/depth/Lure profile & style vs color of offering & cadence of movement vs lack there of or were you fortunate enough to locate & rouse up a few wolf packs and catch via dealers choice al La carte… Asked out of pure enthusiasm & genuine curiosity and a good place and not some troll trying to undermine… Sometimes we really have to work for every bite with ever changing conditions etc while other times lining up time and location puts us amongst the stars. Either way the visceral engagement and consistent positive feedback from our query is Life giving, and I’m truly pumped for you. Shoot me a PM when time permits. No breakdown to geeky for me:)

Cheers

Way cool Brotha! You were obviously able to find & key in on them pretty well. I’m curious about how specific the bite was, in regards to the usual suspects of factors (Time/Loc/depth/Lure profile & style vs color of offering & cadence of movement vs lack there of or were you fortunate enough to locate & rouse up a few wolf packs and catch via dealers choice al La carte… Asked out of pure enthusiasm & genuine curiosity and a good place and not some troll trying to undermine… Sometimes we really have to work for every bite with ever changing conditions etc while other times lining up time and location puts us amongst the stars. Either way the visceral engagement and consistent positive feedback from our query is Life giving, and I’m truly pumped for you. Shoot me a PM when time permits. No breakdown to geeky for me:)

Cheers

On 12/14/2023 at 10:46 AM, BigBaitThirty said:

Cheers

Thanks.  There wasn't a set "pattern", but all were caught on a variety swimbaits.  I did catch two of the 8lbers within 10 minutes of each other.  The 9lb I caught first thing in the morning and right before dark the same day I caught the 10lb.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2023 at 12:53 AM, TNT said:

You got them figured out. Congrats on a great trip and way to end the year on a high note

Appreciate it sir.  I actually just got back from my last trip of the year this week and got my 6th DD at 10lb even!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/3/2023 at 9:50 AM, BigOPigSlayer said:

Amazing job Brad! Congratulations on your hard work and great results. Where is the dumbasss SU member from California that criticizes you for having/buying/hoarding/collecting too many baits now? Enjoy your abundance of baits and more importantly your abundance of big bass brother. Cheers!

Appreciate it sir!  And no comment on the guy from Cali :lol:.  I already spent too much time going back and forth with that other bait painter from Cali a while back... :lol: :lol: