InvizX vs FC Sniper

Bassjones

What are peoples thoughts on the two lines and how they compare? ive used both Seaguar invizX and Sunline FC sniper for swimbaits. mostly 17 and 20 lbs test and have been happy with both but have a lot more time on the water with the invizX. am about to grab a couple bulk spools and want to hear what peoples experiences have been like with the two lines

Using 17# invizx as well and love it. Watched the cast and crank pod with Marshall the homeless fisherman where he talked about using that exclusively for being slightly more stretchy. I think it’s great for hardbaits and line throughs. I also would prefer something like Sniper for weedless/jig hook baits as it does seem stiffer to me. I think they’re both great lines for different applications.

Never used either but but daiwa samurai and hidden concepts samurai floro is my go to. I use 14-20lb for all swimbait applications, from the tk to the tyrant,  and do so in the salt. The line is easy to work with and abrasion resistant af.

I know the OP was about sniper vs invizx but this has me wondering something further since so many people seem to use seaguar.

Has anyone noticed any difference in the 17 and 20lb invizx and abrazx?  I used invizx for a long time but switched to abrazx as I remember from my conventional days that it really does hold up a bit better on rocks and timber.  Still retie often but i feel like it needs it less with abrazx.  Does anyone have any experience with the differences or different applications of these two as well?

4 hours ago, scojangles said:

I know the OP was about sniper vs invizx but this has me wondering something further since so many people seem to use seaguar.

Has anyone noticed any difference in the 17 and 20lb invizx and abrazx?  I used invizx for a long time but switched to abrazx as I remember from my conventional days that it really does hold up a bit better on rocks and timber.  Still retie often but i feel like it needs it less with abrazx.  Does anyone have any experience with the differences or different applications of these two as well?

I believe that InvisX is a bit more supple and has more stretch, AbraZx is stiffer and more durable. 

• 3 weeks later...

I bought several spools of the 17 lb sniper a while back and it is the first all fluoro I have used on a baitcaster. I like it. It lasted almost a whole season. Peeps also speak highly of the invisix but have only used the 10 lb so far with success on a spinning reel. Both lines are still much stiffer than traditional trilene xl mono but more manageable than the early fluoro lines which made me a diehearted braid to fluoro leader fan. I still overall prefer a braid to fluoro leader to straight fluoro and find that both lines need some exercise each trip to get going.