2024 goals

bassturds

Going off the things learned thread. What are some goals you got this year. New techniques, new waters? Sizes 

I’m going to start fishing after May. I usually fish bass from now until May. Then saltwater starts. But the past few years my saltwater has been HORRIBLE! So I’m taking a break, going to bass fish all summer

fishing new waters. I try every year to learn a water or 2, but continue fishing my usual spots. Maybe I’ll find another honey hole. 

work on my summer fishing. Been a few years since I’ve put some time in the warmer months. 

Work on my crawler game. I never really fished crawlers until last year. Definitely work on that. 

shooting for a huge bag and another 8. My biggest yearly bag is 35lbs I want to break that. 5 over 7 this year is my goal. 

43 minutes ago, Jonnybass64 said:

First and foremost I want an 8 pounder up here in New England. 35 pounds for the best five again would be awesome too. 

It’s doable. I’m in MA. I want another New England 8. 

1 hour ago, Jonnybass64 said:

I am too. Got a 7-11 and a 7-14 last year. Very happy about that but want the 8 this year. 

Dammmm some big fish! You’re catching fish that size, you’ll 100% get an 8.  I didn’t get anything giants last year on swimbaits but got a 7-10 on a jerkbait in March.

7 minutes ago, Mml420 said:

Let’s see that 35 pound bag dude that’s very impressive anywhere 

35 was over the course of the whole year just to be clear hahaha I did catch a 30 sack in one night on the Sherpa crawler tho 

54 minutes ago, Jonnybass64 said:

35 was over the course of the whole year just to be clear hahaha I did catch a 30 sack in one night on the Sherpa crawler tho 

WHAT A 30 lbs bag in a night! ID LOVE TO DO THAT!! It’s funny I don’t catch many fish when I catch a giant. I’ll get a 7 and that’s it. When I got my 8 that’s the 2nd fish I caught that day. But I couldn’t really breathe after I got my Pb cuz I was chasing it for so long! I got a 7-5 and 5 one day only 2 fish I caught no other fish. It’s either dinks and a good one  or just a biggon.