Help! I Can’t Tune This Phoney!

jGGhuncho

This bait has been a nightmare to tune…

The only way I can get this bait to not nose down is to back the screws way out. But, when I do this the bait chops instead of the standard phoney glide I got it for. The chop is very stable and I don’t hate it, but like I said, I didn’t get this bait for it to chop.

If anyone has ran into a similar issue please drop some info on how you fixed the bait.

I’m also not against letting someone take this bait off my hands and tuning it themselves. I would accept a trade for a clutch boss. Since this isn’t the BlackMarket I’ll make a post on there too.

IMG_0645.jpeg

IMG_0644.jpeg

IMG_0643.jpeg

I’ve personally never fished one of these before, but is there a reason why you have so much wire wrapped around the rear hook?

It’s quite possible this is throwing off the balance and causing the bait to nose up. I would try removing the wire or wrapping an equal amount on the front hook.

Your gap looks big just looking at photo. Is it possible that you got your turns off between top and bottom ?  Ive got several and they all run true and will swim different with tuning .

I would not hesistate one minute to send this back to Jason at Phoney Frogs ... He will take care of you and get you back straight . Good bait you got there ....... 

Reach out to him on Instragram , if you need more help just let me know !

30 minutes ago, HCfromNC said:

Your gap looks big just looking at photo. Is it possible that you got your turns off between top and bottom ?  Ive got several and they all run true and will swim different with tuning .

I would not hesistate one minute to send this back to Jason at Phoney Frogs ... He will take care of you and get you back straight . Good bait you got there ....... 

Reach out to him on Instragram , if you need more help just let me know !

All good to know. I purchased a phoney last week and haven’t thrown it much other than a few casts in my pool. 
The fin on top, is it pretty much destroyed after you remove it to access the pin? 

So you guys wanna give me sh!t about calling out bait makers but don’t have any issue with a $200 bait being sold to a customer that doesn’t run true? For that price the bait should’ve been tested and tuned before ever going to a paying customer. The customer should not have to make ANY modifications to it, again, for that price. A $60 bait off the shelf built in China, yeah there’s gonna be quality control issues. But an American made garage bait? That’s retarded. You guys need to speak up and stop kissing so much ass all the time. You guys just bend over and spread your cheeks and let these “bait makers” have their way with you, pathetic! Send it back and demand your money back. Keep putting these guys on blast, no one benefits by keeping your mouth shut