Slide Swimmer 300!

Jon P

13 hours ago, BayAreaAngler said:

Are there any available specs?

So far all I got is this one photo at Fishing Show Osaka 2024 from @lureanglehama on IG about five minutes after they posted it, none of the deps employees or prostaff have mentioned it and I haven't heard any announcements either. If I remember correctly we saw the Gira Gira Kougeki displayed like this at Fishing Show Osaka like five years before it ever hit production. Deps also teases a lot of concept lures that are either still being worked on or never got produced for whatever reason.

31 minutes ago, Jon P said:

So far all I got is this one photo at Fishing Show Osaka 2024 from @lureanglehama on IG about five minutes after they posted it, none of the deps employees or prostaff have mentioned it and I haven't heard any announcements either. If I remember correctly we saw the Gira Gira Kougeki displayed like this at Fishing Show Osaka like five years before it ever hit production. Deps also teases a lot of concept lures that are either still being worked on or never got produced for whatever reason.

That’s awesome man I was gonna say I wonder if it’s similar to the gira gira in size. I wonder if they just gift them to people or fish them themselves. That show sounds awesome wish I could make it someday 

1 hour ago, BayAreaAngler said:

That’s awesome man I was gonna say I wonder if it’s similar to the gira gira in size. I wonder if they just gift them to people or fish them themselves. That show sounds awesome wish I could make it someday 

Looks like they got baby Gira Gira too! Some 2” Sakamata Shads as well, which I’m pretty excited for 

IMG_9896.jpeg

1 hour ago, BayAreaAngler said:

That show sounds awesome wish I could make it someday

Man I'd be happy just to get to go to ICAST, I think I'd be like a kid in a candy store at any of the Japanese shows, that's where you get to see stuff before 99.99% of anglers

10 hours ago, Jon P said:

Looks like they got baby Gira Gira too! Some 2” Sakamata Shads as well, which I’m pretty excited for 

IMG_9896.jpeg

Both the Slide Swimmer 300 and Gira Gira are labeled as prototypes. 

22 hours ago, chevro1et said:

Both the Slide Swimmer 300 and Gira Gira are labeled as prototypes. 

Like I was saying with the Gira Gira, they showed that years before it ever hit production as just a prototype. Sometimes the prototype stuff drops in a year, sometimes it takes forever. 
I still haven’t gotten my hands on the Gira Gira though, bet it’d be a sick pike bait.

1 hour ago, Jon P said:

I still haven’t gotten my hands on the Gira Gira though, bet it’d be a sick pike bait.

Yeah, I bet it would. I heard some rumblings about QC and durability issues when it was first released. No idea if they were legit / substantiated or not.