Go-To Measuring Board

riplips.tc

Hello all, new to SU, kinda new-ish to big baits. What kinds measuring boards do you recommend? I was looking at the Rapala retractable ruler but was unsure about soft boards on uneven surfaces. Any tips appreciated and sorry if this was already posted somewhere!

If you're shore banging (like myself and a lot of others) the soft roll-up measuring mats are the way to go.  But definitely make sure that you choose one of the 9" wide ones such as the WCZ or another brand that makes the wide ones.  They are easier to read and look better in photos, whether it is for tournament purposes, social media, or just for yourself.

I mainly use the Working class zero roll up board when I’m bank fishing. every now and then I’ll carry my Ketch  karbonite board instead,  if I know I’m going to be on a lot of uneven surfaces or the rock dams I normally fish. I’ll use either my Ketch X board or the ketch karbonite board in the yak or Jon boat. 

Edited by swimb8bassin512