OH Ivie on Thursday 2/22

Archtx9

I just did 4 and a half days there.    Tough tough fishing.     

My biggest was 7lbs.  just blind casting a jaw jackin baits weedless shad fairly shallow. Next to some deep watwr with a lot of shad school activity.

I did  find 2 monsters down by the dam on livescope early one morning.    Had one follower and when he came fairly close I threw in a few twitches and he turned and swam off.

Nobody was catching anything good.   I couldnt help but notice the day after we left Dalton and Josh both abandoned Ivie for JB Thomas.

We might have seen yall there or talked to yall, we stayed and ate breakfast at elm creek every morning.   We were in 2 basscats, my old mans blue puma sts and my silver caracal.

Edited by DrahtDog

fished from 8:30 to 7pm......winds were brutal.....sustained 20+ gusts to 30mph

Caught one Dink, missed 2 others all on the Citizen.   Had a big fish follow the Hinkle shad.....right on the bait to a single image on the Active Target.

Saw some huge fish on the FFS.   Water temp was 54.   Fish had not moved up yet.

My buddy has been guiding there for the last 5 years, knows his stuff.     Basically what worked the previous year, doesn't work this year.......same for years past.

When the water was over the salt cedars a couple years ago, it was the "line thru" bonanza

Plan on going back in a few weeks

Im definitely gonna try to make it back also.   We hit it at the worst time it seems.

Gonna be spending a week at Rayburn so I need to start working on my wife to be able to pull off the Ivie 2.0 trip.  

I just learned so much in the 4 days I was there and really need to get back out there when the bite is a little better to put that to use.

• 1 month later...

Grinded for 9 hours on Thursday without a bite

Threw the Battles Shad, Citizen, Gizzard Glide, Rising Son, Mission Fish, Ghost, Deps 250

Fish are still suspended for the most part, not many have moved into the salt cedars yet.

Crazy the amount of giants on the FFS,,,,,sometimes they follow your presentation, mostly not

I you have to catch a fish, the guides are all dead sticking big worms…..not a typo