86 Doomrider vs Sentinel

justintrask

For anyone who has fished both of these baits, I'm wondering what the main difference in swim between the two are. I've seen @jkarol24 review of the Doomrider, but interested in swim videos/thoughts on the Sentinel. I absolutely love the look of the perch sentinel, but not sure how the performance is compared to the doomrider I have coming in.

Thanks SU!

Having fished both, my impression has been that the sentinel can withstand more abrupt/aggressive/faster input and retrieves, while the doom performs better for wider, smoother, and slower retrieves and presentations. Both are also capable of both approaches though. Just my .02

4 hours ago, Hooksets_arefree said:

Fished a sentinel all last summer and did great on it, picked up a doom rider and used it twice, then just stuck with the sentinel because I found it way more stable and my doom rider always nosed down or up really hard 

My bad, got the tempest and doom rider mixed up, but still, can’t recommend the sentinel enough 

I don't have a ton of experience with them but I have fished both. Because of the tail u can be more aggressive with the sentinel, stability and balance is better from what I've seen. 

I was surprised how long these stayed up. I have a Doomrider, grabbed a sentinel to try. I have too many glides as it is but I’ve caught a lot of fish on bass patterns and couldn’t resist trying one. 

22 hours ago, Hooksets_arefree said:

My bad, got the tempest and doom rider mixed up, but still, can’t recommend the sentinel enough 

I messaged 86 on instagram about the tempest stability, they sent me the tail used on the sentinels with the lateral fins... made a big difference

8 hours ago, andrewbee said:

I messaged 86 on instagram about the tempest stability, they sent me the tail used on the sentinels with the lateral fins... made a big difference

Wish I’d have thought of that! I loved the profile of the bait and really wanted to make it work but ended up trading it