Butch Brown Harness Rig on Soft Baits

JohnMarino

Anyone else having a problem with your baits swimming sideways or upside down? I rigged mine the exact same way as his video but I can’t get my bait to run true. I took the weights out and the bait flipped over and swam upside down as I swam it. Everything is even and balanced but still won’t run true. I doubt the weight of the hook caused it to flip over 

6 hours ago, Chaozu said:

Talked to John and got it figured out. Thanks for your help John, looking forward to my second order! 

That’s great to hear. 
So……what was the solution? In case anyone else experiences this issue. 

With no weights with the harness rig, it won’t be balanced, has to have weight since it does not have an internal weighted harness so it’s customizable to how you want to fish it.

After having some time on the water I use a 3/16 oz or 1/4 oz neko weight or dropshot weight from the hook slot up towards the nose and 3/32 tungsten nail weights in the fins

Last few fishing trips I found myself now using both rigs fishing trees & heavy cover like a spinnerbait using owner beast hook rigged weedless and then picking up the harness rig for deeper open water situations dragging bottom like a jig.

anyone that picked up a bait from me can definitely feel free to send me a message with advice on rigging. ;-) 

IMG_8356.thumb.png.3e758c138b03b9b08401e7459ce20f22.pngIMG_8357.thumb.png.e8fbad88407615a98f6525b1b28a173f.png