Beginner Painting

Tpreston

Hey y’all, I’ve recently bought a beginner airbrush kit and a couple blanks to try and paint up. I’m lookin for recommendations on what paint to use and also some guidance on how to go about putting a light layer of clear coat. I’ve seen some videos from allumilite demonstrating the uv resin but I don’t really wanna spend more money on a uv light set up or bait spinner, etc. I also don’t want a super thick resin gloss coat. Just a simple light clear as I’m not worried about rashing it up. What’s the best method to achieve this? And what are y’all’s favorite paints? Thanks SU

Edited by Tpreston
Spelling

Yeah. 

It needs to be activated before you use it. Once you do, I think it has a 48 hour usage window. Someone on here said to put it in the freezer to extend the lifespan which I’ve done and didn’t seem to have any issues spraying a couple more baits over a couple weeks. 

The ideal scenario would be to have multiple baits ready for clear before using though. 

I’ve been using the Createx Wicked line of paints for my baits with good results. 

12 minutes ago, Doomlurker said:

Yeah. 

It needs to be activated before you use it. Once you do, I think it has a 48 hour usage window. Someone on here said to put it in the freezer to extend the lifespan which I’ve done and didn’t seem to have any issues spraying a couple more baits over a couple weeks. 

The ideal scenario would be to have multiple baits ready for clear before using though. 

I’ve been using the Createx Wicked line of paints for my baits with good results. 

Awesome I’ll give both a shot, thanks man 

9 minutes ago, SacPig916 said:

2k is amazing stuff.  Make sure you are in a INSANELY WELL VENTALATED AREA and wear a respirator with organic filters.

I work at an automotive shop with exhaust fans and big overhead fans/ wall fans etc. I was planning to do the clear at. also have the full face 3m respirator and some new filters for it. Hoping this is good enough. I’m not really gonna be doing any real volume just painting a couple blanks every once in a while for myself 

12 minutes ago, Jinxd12 said:

Quick easy clear coat option...

Clear finger nail polish. It can be heavy depending on type used

Not a bad idea either, might be a little more practical for me thanks man 

36 minutes ago, BeyerLureCo said:

KBS Diamond Clear finish. I like using this for clear coats and just doing a dip. Jen (paints Bucca baits) has a video on YouTube with some tips on how to use it.

I’ll check that video out, thanks man