Custom Paint Job Price Quotes/Estimates

DEPS_250

It ranges from $5-$10 per inch depending on how experience the painter is. If you want a trout pattern, then I highly recommend you go through Garretts customs. Both my lures turned out great. At the time he only charged $35 for any full paint job. Now he's charging by per inch. 

received_528547018943752.jpeg

received_1029930817921420.jpeg

$5-$10 per inch is a little too much money for me. That would come out to $90 for a K9. I don't have that kind of money to spend on fixing up a bait that I might not even use anymore. I was expecting something like $20-$30 for a halfway decent paint job. I don't need a super detailed and realistic paint job. Just looking for halfway decent/good. I was thinking an amateur bait painter who is looking for some practice/experience for his portfolio might be able to come down to 20-30$ right?

On 4/1/2024 at 7:14 AM, DEPS_250 said:

$5-$10 per inch is a little too much money for me. That would come out to $90 for a K9. I don't have that kind of money to spend on fixing up a bait that I might not even use anymore. I was expecting something like $20-$30 for a halfway decent paint job. I don't need a super detailed and realistic paint job. Just looking for halfway decent/good. I was thinking an amateur bait painter who is looking for some practice/experience for his portfolio might be able to come down to 20-30$ right?

You will be out 22.00 just in shipping to a painter. 11.00 to get it to them and 11.00 to get it back.

31 minutes ago, BrierBob said:

You will be out 22.00 just in shipping to a painter. 11.00 to get it to them and 11.00 to get it back.

I see. Yea, I guess shipping prices would depend on how far they live from me. Therefore, I was hoping I could find a local bait painter/maker that lives really close to me so I could exchange the bait face to face. That way I don't have to deal with shipping charges.

On the other hand, I think most bait makers/painters are probably not willing to meet clients face to face anyways, even if they lived really close and were able to meet face to face. I know that most bait makers do prefer to be very private and therefore is one reason why you never see a company address on their website/hosting site.