Single Honker 40deg water

maine y yak

Fellas! This winter has been unkind to New England a tease of early ice out followed by 2 destructive and heavy storms that left 300k out of power in Maine alone... Power restored on Friday with 15" of recent snow still melting has kept our water around or under 40 degrees since we opened up March 15 or so ....

The show must go on. Caught this good one on the Hogfather glide (thanks @Cristo killer bait) she ate in 5 feet on a painfully slow retrieve (as suggested!) and guys, I was STOKED!PXL_20240407_193514242.thumb.jpg.1c622ac6faefedf61688caeeb09e8d5c.jpg I'm pretty much a newb and obsessed of course -starting off much better than last year for sure!PXL_20240407_193558159.thumb.jpg.d3c787e65342cd03bf53f9a3e368de06.jpg It's fun to learn a little while failing... ;)PXL_20240407_193335487.thumb.jpg.8fca6f47bc95326608ed14b4277e1de1.jpgmaybe I can learn how to take a fish pic this season :)

LOVE IT

8 hours ago, chang127 said:

Nice fish! What kind of structure/cover were you fishing?

It was a windy point in 5 ft of water which is almost always my last option because I am not a bank beater yet. Pretty bad at everything really haha but a smart person told me the big ones are really up on shore. I'm going to test that this year. Water was about 2 ft viz

3 hours ago, NorthernBass4L said:

Way to get out there man!! You earned that one 

Man thank you very much! We all know the drive to get out and the grind of no bites all day in the cold and windy conditions - then that one bite saves the day and charges the spirit up to go right out again! Thanks for the positive vibes!