34 ipt/117 mm varial

Efrain

I have a Revo Beast 7.3:1 that does 34 ipt and I put a 117 handle on it, will this hinder the performance or torque in the reel when fighting big fish? The reel is my k9 reel. Thanks

Also, I normally would not put that big of a handle on a 300, but it was the only one available. Lol

Personally I think 117 is ridiculous lol but obviously some dude like it. I’ve been runnin 87 and 95 mm on my lower ipt reels (under 30 ipt)  and 100 mm over 30 ipt. I still have the stock 110 on my 33 ipt tatula and at some point I would like to put a 100 on it. Whether it’s actually going to cause damage may be debatable as in theory the drag should give before you start torquing gear teeth but potentially you could if you have the drag absolutely locked to 20+ lbs and start wrenching on a log lol. It’d be like like using a cheater bar to break a bolt loose, at a certain point a bigger lever is gonna start breaking bolt heads off if the threads are rusted in there