Garbage weather conditions

Here in Tennessee, we have had  a maddening weather pattern this winter through spring of good pre-front fishing conditions Monday, Tues, Wednesday with S or SW winds. A front comes in Thursday, then the weather goes to crap and its super high pressure and N or E winds for the weekend, which is of course the only time I have to get out to fish. The old logic of downsizing post-front is not a great option to a big bait guy, right? Ive heard some guys say post-front is time to throw the biggest bait in the box but I have not had any luck with that. How do yall deal with the dreaded bluebird skies, booming pressure and crap winds?  Thanks yall!

I just got back from TN and the weather down there had big swings on an almost daily basis, the weather reports are pretty much useless LOL  

As far as dealing with changing weather I basically just fish the weather I get and actually do pretty well post storm in blue bird skies and rising pressure.

I just try to cover more water and really key in on what i think are prime spots - I’ll fish a few points and if I see no activity there I’ll try coves, bluff walls, inflows etc etc until I find what  the fish are relating too and  I pretty much stick with my confidence baits.

One day when they said there was ZERO chance of rain - we got pounded by at least 5 fronts coming through that  day - the next day it was blue bird skies and we moved 4 absolute giants that wouldn’t commit but i finally boated a medium  

IMG_1387.jpeg

I’ve had some of my best Swimbait days on post frontal conditions. To the point where I was actually seeking out these conditions. I seemed to do best on relatively large baits fished slow. I fished the 8” bottom hook rising son, the 3:16 heavy floater BAA. And the 3:16 10” floating freestyle. All worked slowly.  

1 hour ago, swole_t said:

I’ve had some of my best Swimbait days on post frontal conditions. To the point where I was actually seeking out these conditions. I seemed to do best on relatively large baits fished slow. I fished the 8” bottom hook rising son, the 3:16 heavy floater BAA. And the 3:16 10” floating freestyle. All worked slowly.  

Pretty much the same for me. I tend to go bigger and slower. Fish the high % areas. They probably didn't leave, just slowed down