Tough winter/spring pays off

Jm Apostolakes

5 minutes ago, Mossyback Angler said:

Giant! Definitely one to be proud of. Well done. 

She weighed in at 6.31 pounds....honestly thought she was bigger (probably cuz i havnt caught anything in a while). Finally I have some confidence in throwing soft plastics, for the longest time I just couldn't get anything done  with one and it bothered me because i didn't want to throw them. I dont know about the rest of the guys here but for me personally soft baits has proven quite difficult to be successful with. With one under my belt I'm looking forward to the challenge....like my buddy Jamie says, "more often than not, a fish on the end of a soft bait is probably pretty big."  Btw Im somewhat new here but you and bassbass are always giving props to folks and thats pretty cool.

11 minutes ago, Jm Apostolakes said:

She weighed in at 6.31 pounds....honestly thought she was bigger (probably cuz i havnt caught anything in a while). Finally I have some confidence in throwing soft plastics, for the longest time I just couldn't get anything done  with one and it bothered me because i didn't want to throw them. I dont know about the rest of the guys here but for me personally soft baits has proven quite difficult to be successful with. With one under my belt I'm looking forward to the challenge....like my buddy Jamie says, "more often than not, a fish on the end of a soft bait is probably pretty big."  Btw Im somewhat new here but you and bassbass are always giving props to folks and thats pretty cool.

Welcome to the forum.

Truth be told, members like Brian ( @bassbass ) and others were influential to me to be active, comment and celebrate a members catch.  Doesn’t matter if it’s a PB, a quality bass, or even a “dink” caught on a new technique, if a member is posting about it, they are proud of it. Why not celebrate the moment with them. 

But thats enough about me, the moment is about that 6.31lb bass you caught.  It’s good to hear you’re putting time in with soft baits and finding success. I’m sure a catch like that was a confidence booster. 

Look forward to the next one. 

10 hours ago, Fishfoo said:

Congratulations that's a good one !  And props for keeping at it with the softies.  Don't be afraid of working like a jig.

I will certainly keep that in mind, thank you! 

Posted (edited)
On 4/23/2024 at 3:14 PM, Baigh95 said:

What a stud of a fish. The soft bait grind has always been a feast or famine for me too! Congrats 

I think it's like most baits, getting confidence and enjoying the process. Once your over the idea of not catching on said bait you begin to fish it with more purpose and then leading to more bites. Thanks.

Edited by Jm Apostolakes