Nameless Custom Rods Vans Edition

Jim137a

NAMELESS custom rods presents to you the #NLRVG swimbait rod. With the performance, aesthetics and rearward balance that nameless rods are known for, they also have premium Fuji components, with oversize CULT x VANS waffle grips. The world‘s first custom swimbait rod with Vans waffle grips! This is something you have to experience! 
** Follow the #NLRVG for posts, news and updates.**

Starting next month, we will release limited production drops featuring different spec Weight ranges of our American made blanks, and different color combinations of VANS x CULT grips. This is NAMELESS custom rods®️. #NLRVG

8A656B3B-D3E6-4BC3-9BFA-6E1C560E1508.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Bakerlounge said:

Agreed, would have to have motocross gloves on to fish these rods.

@brootalititties Trying to figure out a way to state that one is certainly not gripping a fishing rod as tightly as the hand;e bars of a dirt bike going 60 MPH. 

A smooth cast is never achieved with a tight grip and tense muscles - transfer the energy from your arms and let the rod do the work. 

3 minutes ago, Jim137a said:

@brootalititties Trying to figure out a way to state that one is certainly not gripping a fishing rod as tightly as the hand;e bars of a dirt bike going 60 MPH. 

A smooth cast is never achieved with a tight grip and tense muscles - transfer the energy from your arms and let the rod do the work. 

Doesn’t require that level of force to develop a blister on a grippy rubber material.  wasn’t even thinking dirt bike I was think bmx bike or even golfing, both of which generally require the use of gloves. Particularly when there’s going to be some rotation generated in the grip as when using a fishing rod.

Furthermore to use your own point as another argument against, you don’t need to grip a fishing rod that tight, you’re absolutely right, so what’s the need for the extra grip then?

aesthetically very cool and definitely smart to tap into since swimbaiting and bmx/skate culture are seemingly adjacent, but from a utilitarian perspective I don’t see it as a great improvement on anything. Especially when they’re running $700 lol

Definitely an out of the box concept! 
Very innovative, can’t wait to get mine. I should be getting my bfs Justin built in the next week or so. I’ve had a few builds over the last 3 years from Justin (lost track after 40). And I can’t complain on any of them. Looking forward to getting my hands on the new grips. I wouldn’t have anyone else build my rods for me. Always thinking of new ideas that no one else is producing. Everyone should own at least 1 nameless imo.  Great costumer service and is always building for the people and not the hype.  

3 hours ago, brootalititties said:

Doesn’t require that level of force to develop a blister on a grippy rubber material.  wasn’t even thinking dirt bike I was think bmx bike or even golfing, both of which generally require the use of gloves. Particularly when there’s going to be some rotation generated in the grip as when using a fishing rod.

Furthermore to use your own point as another argument against, you don’t need to grip a fishing rod that tight, you’re absolutely right, so what’s the need for the extra grip then?

aesthetically very cool and definitely smart to tap into since swimbaiting and bmx/skate culture are seemingly adjacent, but from a utilitarian perspective I don’t see it as a great improvement on anything. Especially when they’re running $700 lol

The grip is a unique design and not for everyone - obviously the price point is inline with the level of labor and craftsmanship that goes into these rods as they have sold. These are true one off customs targeted at certain segment of the market. 

I have been buying Nameless Custom Rods for 4 years now and for me they’re simple the best “ performance swimbait “ rod out there.

I recently started to chase hybrid stripers and after speaking to Justin he suggested a blank and a specific build for it and built me an  absolutely amazing spinning rod - so for me its absolutely worth it to work with a true custom builder.

The Van’s Grips may not be for you but I guess Justin decided to test the market and so far the market is saying “ YES “ with their hard earned dollars. 

IMG_2040.png

IMG_2041.png

Edited by Jim137a

Not gonna be for everybody, but every Nameless rod I have is phenomenal and he has price points that fit different budgets.  Some people will pay 500-700 for a hinkle just to sell it without rash a year later. All the while, they will buy Chinese made rods and complain about prices of American made small business. 

Edited by Phiderman