How to saiko tune deps 250?

kmooresd85

This should help. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10593

Much more than anyone on the internet knows of, much more than just weights, eyes, and hooks...

only butch does the correct job.

dont get me wrong my stock baits get bit too, its all situational and depends on the skill set you have.

Im not doubting butch's skill level one bit. I believe he's a great guy and he's obviously a great stick. But tuning is just tuning. A saiko tuned bait swims in a certain way, but the stock bait also swims in a "certain way". Just like a bait tuned to run deep, instead of shallow runs in a "certain way". Don't get caught up too much in the "but its saiko tuned" conversation. I agree, its all situational.

To answer your question about weights. You can add or take away weight to make it swim any way, and almost any depth you desire. I do know that its harder for me to make it swim well at deeper depths. I think the tuning is harder visually, and physically. A lot of tweaking can take place to make it do what you want. Its easily the most versatile glides I've used.

Im not doubting butch's skill level one bit. I believe he's a great guy and he's obviously a great stick. But tuning is just tuning. A saiko tuned bait swims in a certain way, but the stock bait also swims in a "certain way". Just like a bait tuned to run deep, instead of shallow runs in a "certain way". Don't get caught up too much in the "but its saiko tuned" conversation. I agree, its all situational.

To answer your question about weights. You can add or take away weight to make it swim any way, and almost any depth you desire. I do know that its harder for me to make it swim well at deeper depths. I think the tuning is harder visually, and physically. A lot of tweaking can take place to make it do what you want. Its easily the most versatile glides I've used.

Ok. Thanks for the info. Im mostly just looking to get it down a little further than it does stock. I'll play with the weight some and see how it goes.

I know butch personally. Yes saiko tuning is only done by him. There's quite a few things done that other guys are not doing with their tune jobs or will ever know of. I will tell you that.

I know butch personally. Yes saiko tuning is only done by him. There's quite a few things done that other guys are not doing with their tune jobs or will ever know of. I will tell you that.

"or will ever know of?" I don't believe that for a minute. pretty sure it would be as simple as dissecting a saiko tuned bait. lots of things have been reverse engineered in this world, a saiko tune is probably not near the top on the list of complexity. butch is legit but i can't imagine his tune jobs being so in depth that he does things to the baits that no one will ever discover...

can't figure out a way to phrase that without sounding like a jerk so i guess i'll just sound like a jerk. not my intention though.