Increasing popularity in swimbaits

nightsessions

Did anyone ask any of my fishing budies where they think I was getting them? If so Then that's reason enough for me. Whats the point of showing where? Whats the point in knowing where? That's what I say. Others may try to keep something under the table the best they can that fish there too. It's just not good to show to me. You would never make it into my boat :lol:

Glad to see you on here Mike! Unfortunately, There will always be "Bite Chasers" and "Stockers" LOL I've seen it too many times happen, Had people follow me to spots, see photos, hammer background spots (Intentionally taking photos at a famous point to throw em off to have em chuck on it for months :lol:) , throw the same bait I'm throwing etc. etc. etc.... Some swimbaiter's get crazy! It all comes down to Time on the water, Presentation, Location & Timing.

Ya damn right! There are some dirty players out there. I wont be closed minded to it this time around, Period! ;)

For argument sake, Do you not have the same concern when you put up video and it shows what bait your catching them on? Personally i feel that just gets more guys throwing that bait but I'm curious to see if you have a different take on it?

Ya damn right! There are some dirty players out there. I wont be closed minded to it this time around, Period! ;)

For argument sake, Do you not have the same concern when you put up video and it shows what bait your catching them on? Personally i feel that just gets more guys throwing that bait but I'm curious to see if you have a different take on it?

You already said things that you don't like what others ( new guys) do that I do too lol so we already disagree on a few things but like said to each his own . You do your thing, I will do mine. My bite is still the same now. It's that way because of what I'm doing. But I will Always tell others it's not a good Idea to post backgrounds. My videos have not hurt my bite. That's why I keep making them ;)

Fishing isn't just fishing to me. It's away, I miss those that were in my life and have passed. I find I pray more on the water. A sense of closer to God. No one wants or needs when on the water. Free, till fish and game does a boat check haha! It's me. I have always said I need water. Moon child / water sign (69) I'm surfing this weekend (swell on sunday) wooohooo!

Good luck on your hunts.

You already said things that you don't like what others ( new guys) do that I do too lol so we already disagree on a few things but like said to each his own . You do your thing, I will do mine. My bite is still the same now. It's that way because of what I'm doing. But I will Always tell others it's not a good Idea to post backgrounds. My videos have not hurt my bite. That's why I keep making them ;)

I can completely respect that Don. You know I'm not coming at you sideways. Just for me the gnarliest thing to do would be post videos, thats why i asked you. We do the complete opposite of each other and it seems to work for both of us. Just goes to show people that what may work for someone may not work for others and I'm talking more than just about showing video and backgrounds ;).

I have a difficult time understanding why someone who is worried about fishermen following him around and poaching his spots on lakes that he admits expose him and his boat, feels compelled to get on a fishing site and advertise that he's on them. The adulation seems to be more important than managing the exposure it creates. Absolutely a huge contradiction.

There are so many variables involved with how and when to catch fish. Paranoia shouldn't be one of them.

Have faith in your knowledge, technique, choice of bait, etc.

If you're still learning, keep practicing, put in your time and pay your dues...as with anything.

For me personally, the learning never ends, no matter what I'm doing.

Funny, it just started to prove a damn point really. The videos. But then the learning from them was nice, and that's what this here was about. It has always been in life ( mine anyway) people showing their catch to friends Co tournament guys at weigh in or what have you. Nothing more nothing less. I'm not looking for pats on the back. That doesn't matter because I will fish no matter what anyway. It seemed fun. How people take things is up to them. "it's as big a deal as you want to make it" to me I'm just fishing and tripping out on the fish I Catch and sharing. Some people buy this stuff. He'll it's fishing , should be free ;)

I'm not trying to be top nothing. When people want to compete well, ok I play now and then. It seems fishing to me is much more enjoyable when it's just for fun. My god it's enough rush just catching let alone tourney pressures lmao!! Anyway I don't really don't think we all see fishing in the same light. Yes I do guard my fun if possible . But I'm involved here with teaching, so I felt. We can all talk the talk. I think some proof helps for some to even believe what you say is true. We learn here, always.

Did anyone ask any of my fishing budies where they think I was getting them? If so Then that's reason enough for me. Whats the point of showing where? Whats the point in knowing where? That's what I say. Others may try to keep something under the table the best they can that fish there too. It's just not good to show to me. You would never make it into my boat :lol:

Uuuummmmm yes I did. You have good friends Don. Hahaha.

I don't sweat it. Didn't sweat it living in Norcal, don't sweat it in the south.

In CA I found quite a few 'off the beaten path' good(trout stocked) lakes. I spent a lot of time on em, never saw another guy throwing big baits. Sections of rivers too.

A road map, topo map & some gas money can put you on some good fish that don't know jack sh#t about Huddlestons.

There's also modifications you can do to your baits that show the fish something different. Same with retrives...