BIG Trout! (And gill)

Deltaman

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!! The detail is awesome! You my brother, are a badass! I really can't get over the details! By far one of the best pieces I've seen!

Thank you very much sir :) Yours are coming along nicely as well!

Did you foil those, or is that one of the base colors? What paint are you using? Just bought an airbrush and curious what people are using. From what I've gathered, Createx is the lure painters standard

Two of them were foiled, yes. The one in the close up with the scale detail is not foiled. The foils took away from much of the detail which I did not like. I do use the pearlescent paints by Createx but nothing else from them. I get my other airbrush paints from taxidermy. net. *Hint* Transparent paints are your BEST FRIEND. 8-):ugeek:

Two of them were foiled, yes. The one in the close up with the scale detail is not foiled. The foils took away from much of the detail which I did not like. I do use the pearlescent paints by Createx but nothing else from them. I get my other airbrush paints from taxidermy. net. *Hint* Transparent paints are your BEST FRIEND. 8-):ugeek:

Thank you sir! I got an order in last night for some transparents and some pearls. I'll check that website out also. I've got about 10 lures that need painting. I'm good at making em, too scared to paint em haha. My stuff should be here by Friday and give me a weekend to mess around with it on paper and other stuff before I spray any lures. I got a few of those Spro knockoffs to paint for practice too.

Thank you sir! I got an order in last night for some transparents and some pearls. I'll check that website out also. I've got about 10 lures that need painting. I'm good at making em, too scared to paint em haha. My stuff should be here by Friday and give me a weekend to mess around with it on paper and other stuff before I spray any lures. I got a few of those Spro knockoffs to paint for practice too.

Good luck to ya! Also, I spent around 30-40 hours combined watching taxidermy videos on how to paint realistically using the transparent paints. Probably your best place to start even before you pick up the airbrush.