Is there going to be bigger hudds

Buttholebill

Im thinking that the 8" can catch the big fish but also more likely to catch more smaller ones. The 10 inch would pluck out the 8 or 9 and your chances of a monster is more likely. But dont forget an 9-6 could still eat the 10 inch bait. Even if they cant i feel like they will try :lol:

My problem is, I have only know of two 9's caught here EVER. Im sure there have been a few more. But in15 years of bass fishing the biggest fish I have ever seen was 7.98. We just dont grow em the same up here.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im thinking that the 8" can catch the big fish but also more likely to catch more smaller ones. The 10 inch would pluck out the 8 or 9 and your chances of a monster is more likely. But dont forget an 9-6 could still eat the 10 inch bait. Even if they cant i feel like they will try :lol:

My problem is, I have only know of two 9's caught here EVER. Im sure there have been a few more. But in15 years of bass fishing the biggest fish I have ever seen was 7.98. We just dont grow em the same up here.

Take a trip down to here to cali

Think of how many little fish are caught on a Deps 250. Same size as a 10" hudd. Different swim obviously but same size. I have caught a ton of 2-3 lbers on the 250. Your odds are just as good on the 10" as an 8". Just gotta put the bait 8 front of a hungry fish. I love to hate throwing hudds here.... to many toothy critters like them, and seem to never miss it. Kind of annoying. One day last year I went through 6 8" weedless hudds because of pike..... save 5 of them with glue but one lost his a$$ to a 36"er. I will pick some up if he comes out with them but be a cringe a little everytime it gets smoked hoping that it's not a pike or muskie