Be careful bidding on Fleabay DEPS 250s

waynem

I know someone mentioned this in a thread earlier, but I thought it worth saying again. Right now there are 2 fleabay listings for Deps 250s that show the baits in the box. When you read the entire listing you find that the swim bait in the picture is NOT included. You are just getting an empty box. Both of these auctions have bids over $200 and I'm sure the bidders are going to be shocked when the box arrives empty. There's plenty of people out there trying to empty your wallet so take the time to read all the details.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty sh1tty. From looking at some of the ebayer's other items for sale, my speculation is that it possibly might be from a seller who is on this site. I've seen those baits (in the for sale thread and via text) and actually tried to buy it off the guy before. Please be aware and always read the fine print.

Hello , I am one of the guys on there selling my deps box on there I put it on there because I lost my slide swimmer and just had the box laying around and u know how many people buy swimbaits off eBay without a box . Thought someone would want it so I put it on there with a very low starting bid . Never thought it was ganna go up to that much I am ganna email the winning bidder and let them know what they won and let them cancel before they pay. I am an honest guy and never ment for that to happen I put box in the title and put in the description that it's just the box no swimbait . I suspect the secound person after they saw how high my bids went tried to scam someone but I was just trying to get a couple bucks outa the box since it was laying around if that makes me a bad person then I guess I am. Thanks

Hello , I am one of the guys on there selling my deps box on there I put it on there because I lost my slide swimmer and just had the box laying around and u know how many people buy swimbaits off eBay without a box . Thought someone would want it so I put it on there with a very low starting bid . Never thought it was ganna go up to that much I am ganna email the winning bidder and let them know what they won and let them cancel before they pay. I am an honest guy and never ment for that to happen I put box in the title and put in the description that it's just the box no swimbait . I suspect the secound person after they saw how high my bids went tried to scam someone but I was just trying to get a couple bucks outa the box since it was laying around if that makes me a bad person then I guess I am. Thanks

Couple of bucks? Your starting bid was $195. You perfectly knew what you were trying to pull.

No my starting bid was $9.99. I never intended to fool anybody . I've personally bout cases to lures such as a Punker box on ebay before. Just thought someone would want it . It's no way my fault that people on ebay are so quick to throw down money for deps to where they don't read the title or description . Yes maybe I coulda posted a pic with the empty box but never thought it was ganna go this far and didn't think it would matter.

The 195$ starting bid was posted after someone saw how high my bids were going and yes that person did that with the intention of ripping someone off. But before you go accusing me of something you might wanna get your facts straight. Don't like being portrayed as this person trying to rip people off just because dumb people on ebay can't read a post before there so gun ho to bid.

If you're going to sell an empty box, then just post a picture of the empty box. Your photo was of the bait in the box. If there was no bait being sold, why was it in the photo?

The worst part is you use to be able to discuss topics like this and express your frustration. Lately these guys are in here defending their actions. It's shows a lack of character to put a box on there with the bait in it. A lot of young kids are trying to get there hands on these baits and they are probably the ones that get suckered.

Personally I think you know exactly what you are doing. In addition you troll a forum we use to express are passion for the sport to defend your actions.

The worst part is you use to be able to discuss topics like this and express your frustration. Lately these guys are in here defending their actions. It's shows a lack of character to put a box on there with the bait in it. A lot of young kids are trying to get there hands on these baits and they are probably the ones that get suckered.

Personally I think you know exactly what you are doing. In addition you troll a forum we use to express are passion for the sport to defend your actions.

+1