First cast, first fish, First hudd fish!

Grizzn n bassin

So as a lot of you guys know I'm getting into swim baits this year. Went out this morning around 10.30 tied on a 6 inch 68 rof12 huddleston (Rainbow trout). So i lube it up with some pro-sure (Rainbow trout scent), tie it up was making sure my reel was set right . Then i cast about 30 feet i didn't want to launch my hudd off on the first cast. I was standing further back being very careful. Also having my polarized glasses on , im working in the hudd just looking at the swimming action on the way back to me. The water was very clear about 5 feet in front of me i see this hawg of bass come up and slamm my hudd!!!!! i was kind of in shock i saw her turn her head back and i set that hook! Got her right on the roof of her mouth. I weighed it and hit the scale at 6.525 lbs. Not shabby for my first fish of the year and my first hudd. IM in Newyork btw the water temp is in the low 40's! Thanks guys I' M not turning back!!!!!!!!!!!

post-3324-142529960359_thumb.jpg

post-3324-14252996039019_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...