Hello and Thanks!

FarNorth

Hi,

I just wanted to say hello and thank you to the many people that have contributed to this board. It is a wealth of information. I am slowly making my way through the non redundant threads and am about 30 pages in and continue to find new pieces of information that should really help me out.

I am a bit different than most on the board as I fish primarily for pike, walleye, and lake trout but many of the same principles apply. I have fished larger baits since I was a kid but mostly plugs rather than baits that realistically imitate forage fish. This will be my second season using swimbaits and I expect that with some of the tips found here I should be a lot more successful.

I already have a couple of really nice setups and am just rounding out the last few baits I want to experiment with this summer. Thanks again for sharing such a great resource.

Welcome to the site.

You should be one of the only ones throwing swimbait in sk I'd guess.

True. Most around here don't bother with much beyond jigs, spoons, and the odd rapala. They just want to catch a fish, big ones just mean you got lucky. I still use smaller baits if I am trying to catch something for the dinner table. :D