Let's see everyones bait boxes.

swimfool

Why are y'all hanging hard baits?

Because if I'm going to be spending $100 on a custom hand crafted and painted bait, I'm going to be taking care of it. I'd rather not put it through unnecessary abuse when I can take 15 mintues and create a functionable storage box.

What unnecessary abuse are you saving hard baits from, by hanging them instead?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because if I'm going to be spending $100 on a custom hand crafted and painted bait, I'm going to be taking care of it. I'd rather not put it through unnecessary abuse when I can take 15 mintues and create a functionable storage box.

What unnecessary abuse are you saving hard baits from, by hanging them instead?

Hook rash I guess. Can't stand hook rash

Agreed, seems rediculious to me, waste of time... if you want to save em put caps on the hooks and lay em down in a reg plano box... what do you do with them when your out on your boat / canoe fishing? i have baits scattered everywhere, i def do not take the time to hang them up and keep the box nice and upright when im using them... maybe thats just me but if your saying you hate hook rash then get outta the game because it will happen regardless, its unavoidable.... if you dont fish some baits and collect them, just keep em in the original box... been swimbaiting since 06' and the wear and tear on a baits paint job from being in a plano box is negligible... give em some battle scars 8-)

Only baits that get hung are hudds, so the tail stay straight. Keep rising sons in the boxes they come in so the tails stay straight. Other then that, I grab whatever I'm gonna use throw them in my backpack.and.go.

Lol at trying to keep baits rash free or damage free..... these are tools used to catch fish underwater, bot ornaments.

only baits that get hung are hudds. only other baits that get hung are the ones that need to dry before being tossed into a plano 3700 series box. baits that are new sit in the OEM packaging until they get used.

I put the plastic boxes in the other way so the soft baits don't get bent. I think you can fit like 40 hard baits in it and how ever many soft baits you can fit in 4 of those boxes.

Lakewood makes it. Very durable. I use it as my deck extension in my boat.

+1 Lakewood is the BEST!

I keep all my hardbaits in this tool box I bought at Ace Hardware for $9.99. Plenty of storage for me. Might look like a jumbled mess but the hook covers keep things headache free. If I'm just going on a day trip or bank fishing, I'll toss a few things in a Plano utility box in my backpack and am good to go.

post-1754-14253011525306_thumb.jpg

^ great box, but hanging the split rings on those clips will eventually cause burs, scratches and rough spots on the split ring that will damage your line while tying the bait on. You can use a heavy o-ring loop it back through it's self and attach it.