Lexa 300 Issue

Lucas

So yesterday, after my "sure thing" bait, the Rising Son, produced zilch and my Slammer only landed a couple of rats I figured it would be a perfect time to force myself to throw the 250 with my recently purchased Diawa Lexa 300. (For the record, the Lexa 300, LDC Custom XH and the Deps 250 feel like they're made for one another balance-wise.) I noticed several times (until I figured out what it was) that my reel wouldn't truly disengage when I depressed the thumbar. It would click, feel like the spool was free, but as soon as I casted, the reel would engage. This happened several times with me both getting angry and crapping my pants that I was going to cast-off my 250. (I was using CXX 30# and it held each time thankfully)

The rest of the day was spent double checking each time I pressed the thumbar to test if the reel was truly in free spool and half-assing my casts outta fear. :lol:

Has this happened to anybody else? I saw a post in the Lexa review about bad bearings, but this reel is brand new. I guess I'll be PMing Geoff to come out of retirement. ;)

I have that same problem with my new lexa 301. Every time I cast I just push it down hard to make sure it disengages. A friend of mine had the same problem brand new and he went back to the store and traded it. The second one was fine. I bought mines off eBay so I just kept it. I've heard other people complaining about that problem as well. I think it's a common issue with those lexas.

Some times the clutch and thumb bar needs oil. You can always call dawia and they will take care of it no problem.

While adding oil to the clutch and thumb bar sounds like something I could handle, I may just send it to our favorite pet-friendly reel repairman for some "hot-rodding". :lol:

It's a shame there seems to be an issue with (some of) the reels. I think it feels solid and the oversized handle is legit. Dare I say, I'm tempted to pull the trigger on another regardless of the issue. ;)