12" Savage Gear Line Thru

Rharris918

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only fished it a couple hours so far but I am pretty impressed with it so far. It swims significantly better than the 8" did. The only major complaint I have so far is the split line tube. Its a real pain in the ass to be honest. You can't really pic between top or bottom and just kind of have to hope you get it right, and a lot of time the line just get stuck in there. Also I must have got a piece of debris in the side I wasn't using because it got clogged somehow, I can't even push heavy mono or wire through now. All in all I think it is a good bait, a great value at $35, if you have the patience to deal with the line tube. Also it really doesn't feel as heavy as you would think. I have been throwing it on a Loomis GL2 957 and it throws it really nicely

I have to slightly recant one of my statements. I just got another one in from a different supplier and I must say that the line through is significantly easier to use one this one. It is also a little different in color, so maybe they are already starting to work on the little things to make it better.

For selecting the top rigging or bottom rigging I found out that if you pinch the last 1/8th of an inch of line before threading the bait helps a lot. If you face the now curled line up it will go up to the back. Point the curved line down and it will go to the belly. Pretty beefy bait. The pinched line trick works great on the six inch model also.