ABT Suicide Glide

CarolinaBoy4life

I bought one of the 7" Suicide Glides before Hinkle-gate as well. I was unimpressed. The distance the bait glides isn't bad, but it rocks a ton. Not smooth at all and not very natural looking. Won't be buying another one. Maybe the bigger baits are better regarding the action, but the 7" was bad enough with the rocking motion (back and forth in regards to the longitudinal axis of the bait) that I can't stomach buying another one in any size. Plus the whole potentially ripping of the Hinkle thing. Add it up, and I think you can buy a better bait with fewer ethical questions.

I have seen them both. The bait copy stuff is out the roof. Right EVEYONE?? RIGHT????? Ok now we are talking scale pattern? Well I don't care about that. scales don't make or break a bait. Are they close. sure they are.

Are you guys NOT going to fish Baitsmith like me because hudd was first? Don't think so. So grab a bait and fish. The market is crazy now, big fishermen and big bait makers all over the place. Hell when I first got here there were lots of new people in the big fish thing. Now lots of those people are selling stuff , copies and what have you.

They are close but not the same bait. I won't say Im a fan of abt but I wont say I woudnt fish his bait if they got smoked. I fish and like to catch.

If his bait is a bit better I remember this same crew back in the day calling that "progress" If you like Hinkle Buy Hinkle and same for ABT or any other. These things go no place because everyone defends their side or friend/hook up/sponsor.

Wasn't trying to start a war just looking for info on my new bait. I just got into swimbaits within the past year so I wasn't up to date on the issue's at hand with the manf. of the SG and Hinkle's product. As alway's I appreciate your input and knowledge on thing's. Don I have to agree with you on this issue. Loyalty's to brand's can skew alot of us from fishing a very productive bait or bait's. In this case I learned alot just by asking this question.

plenty of guys dont fish baits due to the crap that is behind them. Like I wouldnt fish a rago now adays... and I wouldnt fish a bbz before. theres plenty of reasons why guys choose to fish a bait or not. Baitsmiths are favored over hudds by most cats cuz they fish better and produce better for them. How do you know a baitsmith wont be smoked over a hudd... then you could fish that. same thing, but your just closer to Ken.... friends. But the fact is a remolding is right.. and thats what happend. ABT is garbage, always has been plain and simple

Well when I fish with Matt Alan once at Clear lake (my boat) he used the 6" baitsmith and I used the new 6" Hudd (with smaller tail) I caught two ,missed a few. He didn't get hit. Does that work for ya? LMAO! Its my only experience with comparing the two. So it's all I have LOL!

I have seen them both. The bait copy stuff is out the roof. Right EVEYONE?? RIGHT????? Ok now we are talking scale pattern? Well I don't care about that. scales don't make or break a bait. Are they close. sure they are.

Are you guys NOT going to fish Baitsmith like me because hudd was first? Don't think so. So grab a bait and fish. The market is crazy now, big fishermen and big bait makers all over the place. Hell when I first got here there were lots of new people in the big fish thing. Now lots of those people are selling stuff , copies and what have you.

They are close but not the same bait. I won't say Im a fan of abt but I wont say I woudnt fish his bait if they got smoked. I fish and like to catch.

If his bait is a bit better I remember this same crew back in the day calling that "progress" If you like Hinkle Buy Hinkle and same for ABT or any other. These things go no place because everyone defends their side or friend/hook up/sponsor.

couldn't have said it better myself! lets not forget why we do this gentlemen... its not for the approval or acceptance of others thats for sure.

couldn't have said it better myself! lets not forget why we do this gentlemen... its not for the approval or acceptance of others thats for sure.

Lmao, as a bait maker, it isn't their objective to make the consumer happy, and satisfied? It's their job to get our approval and acceptance, because they won't thrive w/o us. I think that a BAITMAKING THIEF, shouldn't be accepted. Nothing good in life comes easy, and "A Bait Thief", I mean ABT will learn the hard way...

Well if Rjz21 would just post a side-by-side picture of the two baits as requested we could probably just end the discussion. If the "dimensions are completely different", I'll be the first to apologize.

Rjz21 are you out there?

we can thank the internet for all this drama on a large scale. Small guys like hinkle would just be a local thing, like it used to be. There wouldn't be a year long wating list and Hinkle might actually have some free time now and then LOL. I make baits and I always have. But before I started getting back on social media and found SU, I only had requests from local guys and their friends. I never intended on selling any. I just have always made stuff from jigs to pouring plastics, hardbaits, then I got into wood swimbaits. It was never a burden. Then as fish got posted on the internet, the requests went way up. I was finding myself hating making the same baits and so many all the time. The money doesn't matter and its not very good. I was stressed out trying to make everyone happy. It feels good to have people want your hand made stuff, but in the end you have to have so much time or be willing to live in the shop after you get off work. I hear guys complain about the wait list on Hinkle or LDCs or whatever else takes a one man show a long time to make, it irritates me to the fullest. Theres only so much a guy can do. And for those that say then don't take any more orders.. ok, but then other will call you an ass and say you only sell baits to friends. All this leads up to ABT being a thief and trying to fill that niche. Like spro with the tool/bbz. These aren't baits designed by a company to make money and stock all the shelves. They are guys hard work, artistic expression, time on the water, all the experience of building previous baits, ect ect... all that rolled into one item. So its not like when strike king makes a bait similar to a lucky craft. Its a guy trying to steal another guys hardwork and soul, like repainting a Picasso, making it a bit different then calling it better!!! Im not saying anyone is a bait picassso, just saying its more than a retail item manufactured in a factory. Fueling the fire by accepting the thievery will only hurt the angler in the end cuz people just opt out of making baits for sale. For me, I don't know about anyone else that builds, but I do it cuz I just need to. I build a certain way and leave details off my baits cuz that's my style, IDGAF if I make anyone happy by that. IDGAF if anyone buys my baits, making the customer happy for little guys like me that barely have time to do it at all is the lowest priority. Building the best bait possible is my goal, if someone wants ok... in not then maybe Ill actually get to fish one of my own baits once in a while. I made over 50 custom rats last year and in November, I owned 2. So is the life of a bait builder, everyone else is fishing your stuff and your stuck in the shop listening to johnny cash drinking bourbon wondering where it all went wrong LOL!!!!!!!

ramble ramble but just sayin I hope people remember that a lot of these baits are made by some guy... with a job and a girlfriend or wife, family, yardwork, freaking jury duty... they aren't companys waiting to fill our bait needs 24/7

It takes time, money and dedication to design, test and build baits. To see smaller custom bait builders like Hinkle ripped off is sad. Whether or not Andrew likes being slammed with work is up to him, but to have a larger company with more resources come along and take what is unique about his product, mass produce it and take business from him is wrong. If you turn a blind eye to this and have the mentality of "I buy what works" you're basically handicapping all the innovative bait builder outside of the mainstream world of fishing.

That ABT looks different then all the previous pictures I have seen of that bait. It looks like a different version. Maybe they changed it do to the bad press?

That's what I'm thinking. Frankly I don't care because I've never fished either. The other bait looked the same but I think it was painted differently than that bait.