Ldc production vs Phenix ultra swimbait

Mjmfc1013

I'm wanting a comparison between the 2. I own a couple of the phenix rods and really like them. Time for another rod( like I need one) and am considering a LDC production heavy. How does this rod compare to the Phenix USB-790H ? Thanks in advance

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe Ben uses the same blank as the Phenix Ultra Swimbait rod.

Nope.

They are Phenix blanks. The production LDCs are more of a moderate action than the UMBX Classic blanks. The blanks themselves weigh a little more, but the builds are still probably lighter than the UMBX rods.

The LDC Heavy to me is perfect for small baits. I've used it as a frog rod, a punch rod, and throw 68s, small rising sons, 6-7" ospreys, shad, bluegill sized baits, 9" Slammer, wake jr, baby wake, etc.

I would say in terms of power, it falls somewhere between the 711MH and the 790H UMBX classic. Haven't measured the blanks, but that's how it felt to me.

Send him an email. He'll answer your questions, and make it easy for you to figure out what you "need."

I don't think Don would like the results from which of my rods is better quality out of my 790h and my ldc prod.

Why would it matter to me what you think about LDC ? I expect nothing good from you really anyway 8-)

Why should it matter to you? You already know what you like. Remember when you didn't need a Calcutta TE? Or a 250? Sometimes when you try something else, you find out you like it too.

The guy asked for a comparison. Anyone else care to provide one? Or are we just going to make this thread 2.5 pages of "I don't know ish about any other rods, but buy an LDC, they're the best, because Ben's my friend."

I wasn't wanting to stir anything up. I just wanted to have a point of reference and I happen to own a couple Phenix rods. This spiral guide thing has me intrigued. I've never owned a rod of that design. I contacted LDC and they were quick to respond. I'm not one to change rods much when I find one I like but I'm gonna haul off and order one. I need something to throw lighter baits with

Haven't tried a Phenix but I honestly don't like my LDC production XH much at all

Really?? What is wrong with it?? That's the problem with ordering rods you've never put your hands on.

I don't think Don would like the results from which of my rods is better quality out of my 790h and my ldc prod.

Why would it matter to me what you think about LDC ? I expect nothing good from you really anyway 8-)

Why should it matter to you? You already know what you like. Remember when you didn't need a Calcutta TE? Or a 250? Sometimes when you try something else, you find out you like it too.

The guy asked for a comparison. Anyone else care to provide one? Or are we just going to make this thread 2.5 pages of "I don't know ish about any other rods, but buy an LDC, they're the best, because Ben's my friend."

Well said!!!

I wasn't wanting to stir anything up. I just wanted to have a point of reference and I happen to own a couple Phenix rods. This spiral guide thing has me intrigued. I've never owned a rod of that design. I contacted LDC and they were quick to respond. I'm not one to change rods much when I find one I like but I'm gonna haul off and order one. I need something to throw lighter baits with

Hey when some jump in ish will be talked. Not your fault.

Haven't tried a Phenix but I honestly don't like my LDC production XH much at all

I will Buy it :mrgreen:

Was just talking about you to a friend. Saying. He seems by his posts a little uptight :lol:

The rods rock and he's my friend I said it again :lol:

Have to edit, I got rid of both TE reels and have Lexa's now. New meaning? :lol:

I will say I have a LDC H production and it's a great rod for hard baits I do believe the spiral guides help when casting line seems to shoot through them a little bit faster in my opinion. I don't like it for 8" hudds but love it for hard baits. I can not touch on phenix rods just on spiral guides.