Ldc production vs Phenix ultra swimbait

Mjmfc1013

I will say the only swimbait rods I've owned were Loomis and LDCs. The LDCs cast distance dwarfed the Loomis rods I used. It may have nothing to do with the spiral wrap, but there is definitely less line slap, which does reduce distance even if there's more constant friction in the equation. May also seem like a strange comment, but I find skipping easier as well.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not only do you drink the same kool aid, you share cups :). Nah man, I build my own. I just think some newbs looking for real info should be helped out so they know LDC from a different custom, from a factory srick.

Not only do you drink the same kool aid, you share cups :). Nah man, I build my own. I just think some newbs looking for real info should be helped out so they know LDC from a different custom, from a factory srick.

I don't understand your problem with LDC and supporting small business

I don't have a problem with LDC. I love supporting small business. I'm the new guy around here, I've been bitten by the swimbait bug so i signed up where I could be part of this community. As such, I bring a different perspective when it comes to rods as I've built more rods than I care to count. LDC is not bad at all, but they seem to me, from my rod builders perspective to provide less than some other builders.

I also encourage everyone to take a stab at rod building. Like guys who tie flies, the first few can be a lil chewed up, but its a skill that is easy to learn and you don't need a lot of specialized tools most think you do.

Just stating my observation from reading around here the past few weeks.

I don't have a problem with LDC. I love supporting small business. I'm the new guy around here, I've been bitten by the swimbait bug so i signed up where I could be part of this community. As such, I bring a different perspective when it comes to rods as I've built more rods than I care to count. LDC is not bad at all, but they seem to me, from my rod builders perspective to provide less than some other builders.

I also encourage everyone to take a stab at rod building. Like guys who tie flies, the first few can be a lil chewed up, but its a skill that is easy to learn and you don't need a lot of specialized tools most think you do.

What less do they provide? Just curious as I've never built a rod before. I feel like Ben will do pretty much whatever modifications one asks for

What less do they provide? Just curious as I've never built a rod before. I feel like Ben will do pretty much whatever modifications one asks for

Just go google custom rods. Look around other forums with rod building sections. All kinds of crazy ish out there. I can appreciate the art, attention to detail, craftsmanship, etc. but it's not my style. I like clean and simple. I go custom not for all the bells and whistles, but because I want a specific length, grip length and style, and reel seat.

It's all personal preference. As far as rods I've owned the LDC seems to be the best built, I just don't like the action very much. I like rods that will load up a bit more, my XH is a broom stick IMO. It's personal preference I like more parabolic rods especially for hard baits. LDC XH outcast the dobyns 867 with the 250 by a lot. But I hook and land more of my bites on the 867. Sure I would love one of the LDC custom rods as I heard the blanks are more parabolic, I just can't afford those sticks.

Just go google custom rods. Look around other forums with rod building sections. All kinds of crazy ish out there. I can appreciate the art, attention to detail, craftsmanship, etc. but it's not my style. I like clean and simple. I go custom not for all the bells and whistles, but because I want a specific length, grip length and style, and reel seat.

What "bells and whistles" are you talking about. Ben will make your rod basically any way you want it

I never claimed he wouldn't. I've purchased 5 rods from him. All I said was, there is a whole world of custom rod building out there, the majority of which is not of any interest to me outside of an appreciation for the skill that goes into it.

DSC02143_zpscf16856c.jpg

10442928_648351241913322_2373396461836637462_n_zpse56075d1.jpg

IMG_7384_zps81a31dd3.jpg

FLTUrushi-Jr002_zps5b4a7741.jpg

KistlerRebuild1_zpsd7f70397.jpg

I drink the kool aid... Its VS time I have know clue what that is FacePunch but its not a Bass. LMAO! This is a Bass forum not FB. But back to VS. Lets Play

Here is LDC in action and action speaks louder than words, yes? All fish on XH Pro up to XXH custom. We are talking BASS here not tuna , sharks and that :lol:

VS TIME BRING IT!

http://youtu.be/4vFgqhoB2FM?list=UUEA2UWWB9DQrEB2bZfg6wZQ

Your turn?