New HUDD Rod

jamesofthejungle

The only swim rod I've ever heard of being more than $500 is a roman made.

Edge rods are in the $500 price range.

This hudd rod should be pretty sweet and might have to pick one up.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Ben has anything to worry about. He makes beautiful custom rods that can throw the Baitsmith Magnum. #fishbeef :lol:

But in all seriousness, I use different rods for different hudds fished in different ways. I use a production heavy for slow rolling an ROF 5, a production XH for slow rolling a ROF 12 (STE style), a custom XH for fishing the ROF 12/16 on the bottom in less than 25' and a 8'6" XXH for anything over 25' (I need to pick up line and drive the jig hook home). Not sure how one rod can meet all those demands. I'll support Ben since he not only is a friend but he also supports us :)

I do have a bunch of custom Megabass swimbait rods but the more I fish my LDCs, the more they just become a novelty item.

-Ali

The only swim rod I've ever heard of being more than $500 is a roman made.

Edge rods are in the $500 price range.

This hudd rod should be pretty sweet and might have to pick one up.

Yep, got two custom northforks, that I love dearly.

I'll give you guys a full run-down in a few weeks after some fish, comparing and contrasting between the rods I've fished swimmers on a lot, guide selects, custom north forks, and some dobyns stuff.

I don't think that the custom niche will be effected much. So much demand for an 8'+ rod these days, and I don't see many major companies branching out that much farther from tournament regulation rules (outdated as they are)

Well played David, well played.

:lol: you guys are on the hate Wagon :lol: let's see..... do you anything about the rod, conversation with Ken? Or Ben?

No you don't , none of you do. So your play is made.

My turn.

I talked to Ben out of respect. You know like to friends do. No surprises here. In FACT Ben encouraged me to try them . So it's an interception and im running it back :lol:

With all the rods made, all the huddleston fish caught by dudes on so many different rods and then they drop a rod under the guise of "now you can finally have the perfect rod cuz no one has done it good enough yet". Just say you want to make some cash on some china rods with your name slapped on em. Why front like its something that is any different than other ish on the market. I guess the irod swimbait series wasnt up to the task :shock:

I concur.

Dare I say:

jump the shark

a term to describe a moment when something that was once great has reached a point where it will now decline in quality and popularity.

Origin of this phrase comes from a Happy Days episode where the Fonz jumped a shark on waterskis. Thus was labeled the lowest point of the show.

Whats the big deal! You can like two rods from different people. The more choices are always better. Different situations lead to different charecteristics in the tools used. Im going after the biggest fish I can get. Not who made what.

Whats the big deal! You can like two rods from different people. The more choices are always better. Different situations lead to different charecteristics in the tools used. Im going after the biggest fish I can get. Not who made what.

There shouldn't be a big deal. Last week we tried to have an intelligent conversation here about the differences between a couple of rods, built on different blanks. Don wasn't going to let that happen, and the thread got locked. Someone got banned from here over the whole ridiculous deal as well.

There shouldn't be a big deal. Last week we tried to have an intelligent conversation here about the differences between a couple of rods, built on different blanks. Don wasn't going to let that happen, and the thread got locked. Someone got banned from here over the whole ridiculous deal as well.

What???? That sounds ridiculous... What thread was this in? I'm sure there is more to this story, Don isn't a psychopath.

-Ali

Whats the big deal! You can like two rods from different people. The more choices are always better. Different situations lead to different charecteristics in the tools used. Im going after the biggest fish I can get.

Someone got banned from here over the whole ridiculous deal as well.

He did not get ban because of the situation, he got ban because he stirs things up and talk to much isH too many times. At least that's what I noticed.

Well played David, well played.

:lol: you guys are on the hate Wagon :lol: let's see..... do you anything about the rod, conversation with Ken? Or Ben?

My turn.

I talked to Ben out of respect. You know like to friends do. No surprises here. In FACT Ben encouraged me to try them . So it's an interception and im running it back :lol:

Exactly.. Nothing wrong with trying out another rod. Ben know's it's not like your stabbing him in the back. Ben makes great rod's he has no worries about his buddy checking out another make

My turn.

Nobody is hating on ish. David, David, Chad, Wayne, and I all own LDCs. We even all love those rods. Hell, my favorite swimbait rods I've ever fished are LDCs, and I've fished with a lot of different rods, including a bunch of musky sticks. If you read anything I wrote after you said I'm "uptight," this shouldn't be news to you. Maybe you did read, but what I said didn't support the argument you were trying to start, so you chose to ignore it.

Let me help, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19813&p=177328#p177328

I don't care what anyone else likes. I do find discussions on why different people like different gear from a technical standpoint interesting. "Look at me! This is what I use! They're Grrrrrreaaatt!!!" is of no value to me. But I'm also willing to accept that some people don't care about things that I find interesting or useful. I don't try to make it impossible for them to talk about whatever they want.

You new guys. Some are good talkers, some are good catchers. The good talkers will get to you first :lol::lol:

If someone asks, "what do you like about ___?" or "why do you prefer ____ over ____?" I answer. I don't open my mouth about ish I know nothing about. You want to imply that I do, that I'm just a good talker, never caught any fish. I apologize if my solid grammar and spelling led you to believe I couldn't fish. I didn't realize the two were mutually exclusive.

Fact is its a day late and a dollar short. With all the time people have spent on hudds... now they are going to jump ship because Mr. Ken Huddleston is offering a rod? I guess those fish caught would have been caught better on this new rod. Its more gooder for hudds.... wait for what size hudds? 6" or 8" or 8" weedless. Oh, it covers all the huddleston line..... man I guess Ive been doing something wrong cuz it seems to me all those baits should be fished effectively on different rods. Or maybe I should chuck a 6" hudd on my XXH... or an 8" weedless on a LDC production H... wait maybe medium heavy since thats what chuck the 6". THis is nothing more than a way to make some extra coin and not have to do any work except pay for cheap materials and labor oversees, pay super low, sell high. If you guys go out and test the rod and tell me it revolutionizes your hudd fishing Ill gladly eat my words...... BWAHAHHAHAHAHHAH good luck with that.