Deps 250 Discontinued?

Erik

Just saw this on Tackle Warehouse's product request forum: http://talk.tacklewarehouse.com/showthread.php?t=4118

In regards to the injected 250s, Our buyers talked to Deps about the availability. They have decided to discontinue them for now and are unsure if they will continue with the injected model. We try to avoid promising customers availability on product without a definite confirmation and shipping date.

Thanks,

TW Staff

Anyone else have any information on this? The post is dated October 1, 2014.

Just saw this on Tackle Warehouse's product request forum: http://talk.tacklewarehouse.com/showthread.php?t=4118

In regards to the injected 250s, Our buyers talked to Deps about the availability. They have decided to discontinue them for now and are unsure if they will continue with the injected model. We try to avoid promising customers availability on product without a definite confirmation and shipping date.

Thanks,

TW Staff

Anyone else have any information on this? The post is dated October 1, 2014.

this part is what confuses me....

This is very confusing indeed. All the hype about a new bait with new features, spitting out a small amount of the new smaller baits to a few select places to drive up the hype, make a couple of hundred of the older baits out of the blue and released to one man. If the old bait was not cost effective or too difficult to make and the new one has been discontinued then...we have all that there is? I hope this gets cleared up! Great company with a lot of great baits, hope they sort this out in a good way!

I am pretty sure it was plenty cost effective any more. I think the price for a 250 originally was like $60. Everyone went nuts over them and now they are killing it. I mean ish the new 175 MSRP is $99.

150-175$ originally....

What was 150-175 originally?

I am pretty sure it was plenty cost effective any more. I think the price for a 250 originally was like $60. Everyone went nuts over them and now they are killing it. I mean ish the new 175 MSRP is $99.

150-175$ originally....

I mean, I hope you are not talking about the 250 because I remember when the highest a 250 SK would go was a $100, maybe a couple of bucks over from Japan.. Once the videos from Butch started to be released is when the price jumped up drastically. All good things come too an end people...

I mean, I hope you are not talking about the 250 because I remember when the highest a 250 SK would go was a $100, maybe a couple of bucks over from Japan.. Once the videos from Butch started to be released is when the price jumped up drastically. All good things come too an end people...

I think you mean that you remember reading about when they were $80.

I have no idea if this is what's happening with Deps but,... Speaking from experience. Sometimes you have a bait all dialed in and you "know" you will have no problems making a larger or smaller version. Then once you do, some issue reveals itself that wasn't an issue before. I am sure the Deps guys can figure it out, whatever it is.

Optimum Baits is the US distributor for Deps. I emailed them to ask for clarification of the situation and I'll pass along any info they provide. I spent my career in plastic manufacturing and even with lots of preparation we as times experienced production "scale-up issues" that you did not experience with the smaller development runs. As Matt said, this may be the case and I would agree with him that Deps is a very reputable company with great R&D resources.