Irod genesis II cast rod swimbait

Christophe55

Swimbait Jr. throws up to 4oz, Swimbait Large 4-10oz. The large is perfect for baits under 7oz in my opinion. The Jr is perfect for 68s, Swavers, 6inch wood punkers, even 8s in a pinch. Just follow the rods rating for the most part, they rate them for a reason u know.

Last time I talked to Matt he said they have somewhat recently changed out all the guides. Don't quote me but I think they went to Fuji guides. Im not a home to go take a look and suffer serious memory loss from my teens and 20's but from what I can remember I think they are a happy medium between true micro guides and standard. I think the last 3 or 4 guides are seated very close with out a double standoff foot. Mine fishes very well with 25lb floro or mono and 65lb braid works great too. I've never had a problem with my modified Albright knot going through either. Best bet is call Matt Newman at Irod, u can find the contact info on their webpage. Its been my experience with him that he is as a stand up of a guy as u will meet, customer service is amazing.

:lol:

Swimbait Jr. throws up to 4oz, Swimbait Large 4-10oz. The large is perfect for baits under 7oz in my opinion. The Jr is perfect for 68s, Swavers, 6inch wood punkers, even 8s in a pinch. Just follow the rods rating for the most part, they rate them for a reason u know.

You would be surprised how many rod ratings are exaggerated

agreed, that's why I said 7oz is absolute tops for the swimbait large. Another prime example and a mistake a made many years ago was thinking I could get away with effectively fishing a 8inch hudd on a 795 MLSB rated for 5 oz. Long cast, mono stretch, no ass, equals horrible hooksets when I was getting bit the first 1/3 or more of my cast. Lesson learned the hard way. Typically each rod has a sweet spot in the rating where it really preforms best.

• 1 month later...

The JR Swimbait rod is a awesome rod... Baby wakes, Hudd 68s, A-Rigs, Matt lures hardgills, Real Prey Gills etc. etc etc.... The Large swimbait rod is very versitile Its the perfect hudd rod IMHO, It loads up and casts a hudd a mile away. Its REALLY Awesome for throwing 10" Triple trouts, hudds, 10" real preys and deps 250s etc. on it.