""I DONT GET IT"

RMANZO

Stores don't "offer" a waiting list. The baits are in such demand that customers call every tackle shop nearby asking for the bait. Many ask to be "put on a list", and so the tackle shops take down their name and number. I think it's just to satisfy the caller for the time being. Not much use for a list if the tackle shop only gets four baits.

If you can call the store and they will put your name and number down and then tell you that you are number whatever on a list thats "offering" a waiting list in my opinion. Whats the point of "satisfying the caller for the time being" if they are just going to disappoint them in the end? Oh well I guess it doesn't really matter just looks like they care more about a little extra money than their customers

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stores don't "offer" a waiting list. The baits are in such demand that customers call every tackle shop nearby asking for the bait. Many ask to be "put on a list", and so the tackle shops take down their name and number. I think it's just to satisfy the caller for the time being. Not much use for a list if the tackle shop only gets four baits.

If you can call the store and they will put your name and number down and then tell you that you are number whatever on a list thats "offering" a waiting list in my opinion. Whats the point of "satisfying the caller for the time being" if they are just going to disappoint them in the end? Oh well I guess it doesn't really matter just looks like they care more about a little extra money than their customers

Well, I got a Deps 250 from the last batch. I also got a new injected Deps 175 there. Over the last three or four years I have bought many Deps 250s there in fact. Never been told what number on the list I was. I have been going there for over ten years. Mostly because I like supporting small businesses.

I think it's time to stop beating a dead horse. Just goes to show that you can't please everybody. If jamesofthejungle wasn't bitter about not getting a bait, then someone else would be.

Well, I got a Deps 250 from the last batch. I also got a new injected Deps 175 there. Over the last three or four years I have bought many Deps 250s there in fact. Never been told what number on the list I was. I have been going there for over ten years. Mostly because I like supporting small businesses.

I think it's time to stop beating a dead horse. Just goes to show that you can't please everybody. If jamesofthejungle wasn't bitter about not getting a bait, then someone else would be.

Bitter? Lol. Good things came my way and I got each color for $150 a few weeks later. So they got their margin and I saved money. Sorry for putting your local store on blast.

Best I can tell it's the stores that are jacking up the prices and Deps is only sending out a few to each store. Some stores are not stocking the baits and going straight to ebay and getting 300 plus per bait. I wouldn't shop at those stores. I personally stopped shopping at the Hookup tackle after I saw them selling the last batch of Deps for $250 while Last Chance sold them for $135. Last Chance Tackle now gets my money that The Hookup used to get. I didn't even want a Deps out of the last batch but I still will not send them another dime as long as other shops are treating the customers right.

Agreed. I stopped shopping at Fishermans Access last year after they decided not to honor their wait list once prices soared and put the baits on eBay. Hopefully that bigger margin they made will cover the future business they lost from me.

Really? They've always honored their wait list with me and Shaun

I got told by FW no more list too. I did get one being on a list there before but people complain that "its not fair" (seems to be the trend :lol: ) So I was told, so now im searching for a flash trout elsewhere.

Didn't mean to bash your local tackle shop Kilog. You obviously know a lot more about them than I do I was just saying what I was thinking

No need to apologize. We are all big boys here and the forums are for discussions. The owner and the guys who work there are all good people. To be honest, I am amazed that mom and pop tackle shops are able to stay in business these days.