first trouts plant!!

Swimbait_Max

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the first trout plants are coming in my area I was wondering how long it takes for largemouth and stripers to begin to key in on trout. I'm not sure if it'll take a day or a week or if the stripers and largemouth are already expecting trout. What do u guys think?

Takes seconds. ...

If you have kokanee or hold overs the water temp dropping will get it going anyway. I don't know where you fish but plants seem to make my fishing tougher once they start ( to much food) After the last battle (last year) my lake got planted and my bite shut down for about a month or so. I think this time of year it's been better for me before it starts or some time after. But that can change year to year and each body of water that turns on can very.

But I go when I can anyway :D

If you have kokanee or hold overs the water temp dropping will get it going anyway. I don't know where you fish but plants seem to make my fishing tougher once they start ( to much food) After the last battle (last year) my lake got planted and my bite shut down for about a month or so. I think this time of year it's been better for me before it starts or some time after. But that can change year to year and each body of water that turns on can very.

This year a tiny 4-5 acre reservoir near me got put on the stocking program, "category A" water so it will receive 8 stockings between October and May...I'm not sure if the bass will EVER feel the need to eat a swimbait!

thanks a lot for the input!

I had the same problem last year, they can be more selective

I think this is true. Not to mention, if you are trying to fool an old fat grandma fish into biting your fake trout, it may be easier if there are not hundreds of real trout around to compare it too. Nothing really looks as good as the real thing.

Since the first trout plants are coming in my area I was wondering how long it takes for largemouth and stripers to begin to key in on trout. I'm not sure if it'll take a day or a week or if the stripers and largemouth are already expecting trout. What do u guys think?

You should watch the mike long video

I think this is true. Not to mention, if you are trying to fool an old fat grandma fish into biting your fake trout, it may be easier if there are not hundreds of real trout around to compare it too. Nothing really looks as good as the real thing.

So true. That's why there are so many stories about dudes catching monster limits, only to find out they were using live trout.