2014 - 2015 SUB Tournament Update

SU Crew3

i won one of the contest over at SN with the % thing. My 5+ over a 8 or 9, I am sure there were some unhappy people. I am also sure there will be some unhappy people here after this change.

I think SU listened to what was said in the other post and is trying something different.

I like it and will do them after the ice next year.

One thing is this site and the people on this site helped me bet my PB this year and I will bet it next year too.

Thanks everyone...

Brian

i think ur 5 was the one that beat me :cry::lol: i got killed many times with big fish on SBN site but i did won once and 2nd place once

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The weight classes have been in the works for the past year and we are happy to introduce them for the 2014 - 2015 SUB season. No system is perfect, with that being said we hope this levels the playing field being this is a nation wide big fish tournament vs being held on one body of water for all anglers to fish.

SUB 2014-2015 Tourney updates:

1. Once an angler wins a monthly tourney they are not allowed to compete again until the Battle for the Underground.

2. Weight classes added with state records and 4 years of historical data from SUB tourneys.

Rules/Weights subject to change at any time.

[attachment=1]image.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]

So how much does Mass get? I may have to start fishing southern Vermont :)

The weight classes have been in the works for the past year and we are happy to introduce them for the 2014 - 2015 SUB season. No system is perfect, with that being said we hope this levels the playing field being this is a nation wide big fish tournament vs being held on one body of water for all anglers to fish.

SUB 2014-2015 Tourney updates:

1. Once an angler wins a monthly tourney they are not allowed to compete again until the Battle for the Underground.

2. Weight classes added with state records and 4 years of historical data from SUB tourneys.

Rules/Weights subject to change at any time.

[attachment=1]image.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]

So how much does Mass get? I may have to start fishing southern Vermont :)

Mass and Vermont both get 2.5lbs

The Massachusetts record is 15 Lbs 8 Oz. It was taken through the ice on a shiner. The rod & reel record is 13.0. The state fish & game official records for big bass go back to 1963 and there are a total of 20 that were 10# and over. Besides the two mentioned above there is one that was 12-1 and two that were in the low 11s. The rest are 10s. These were all verified by F&G on certified scales. There are plenty of rumors about others but they usually don't amount to much.

I did talk to someone in the state gov who said there is some evidence that a 17# fish was taken and weighed on certified scales but the fisherman did not want to advertise his fishing area, and it was never officially submitted. It is possible. Back in the 60s through 80s there were massive runs of big sea run herring that ran into fresh water to spawn and the bass were waiting for them. These are big 10-12" fatty fish with probably the same nutritional value as stocked trout. With all of today's offshore netting, these herring runs are nothing like they used to be. Of the twenty 10# & up recorded fish probably 80% are from coastal lakes & rivers with herring runs.

Canada!?

:)

In all seriousness, I will be fishing in Canada more often next year.

PS - the handicap should be in kilos for Canada.

We couldn't find records for all of the provinces, Ontario had one at 10.43 so they'd be lumped in with the other green states.

We couldn't find records for all of the provinces, Ontario had one at 10.43 so they'd be lumped in with the other green states.

Awesome.

I looked before, and couldn't find much either. Most of my friends in Ontario and British Columbia fish for bass. There are a select few I know in Alberta, and a decent amount in Quebec.

My cousin and I threw some baits last year on an unscheduled trip. Nothing but dinks all day.

I expect to be in Toronto on (what I hope to be) a monthly basis and hopefully it goes accordingly to plan. This year did not pan out so well.

... I will post my findings next year EH!

:)

I applaud the effort to even things out. I would argue after fishing MO, IL, IN, OH all should be green states. Simply because southern states with year around growing seasons (and FL strain bass). A monster fish caught in these states (7-8 lbs) would hardly raise an eyebrow places like LA, GA, and FL.

Just my two cents.