S-Waver 200 Durability

Ong Jim

How is everyone's 200 holding up? Bought my first one last week and was out today with it for the first time. I was out striper fishing and no doubt this thing could catch fish. But my first striper, 29" long, twisted the rear hook hanger right off the lure and cracked it. (Look where the hook is, that fish wanted the lure.) I still used it with only the front hook and stuck another large striper, about the same size, and the hook twisted and straightened out on me. Needless to say, I lost the fish. Good thing I had the 168 with upgraded up, which I was able to land 3 smaller fish.

Its a good lure but not very durable in my very short time with it.

post-4099-14253008012144_thumb.jpeg

post-4099-14253008015812_thumb.jpeg

post-4099-14253008020872_thumb.jpeg

post-4099-1425300802288_thumb.jpeg

My buddy had Rainbow colored S-waver 200 break in half on him while we were fishing together this summer. He cast it out, didn't hit anything, and upon retrieval only had the front end of the bait. I reluctantly bought a perch colored s-waver 200 a few weeks later and quickly realized you get what you pay for. The hooks they come with are junk. They look good but bend and twist just by looking at them. The paint on mine also sucked. After just 2-3 hours of use the bait barely had any paint left on it's sides. I won't be buying another.

no issues with performace but like any injected bait if water gets inside, its prone to split the seam eventually. Ito 110 are notorious for that.

luckily R2S has great customer service and will replace it.

I was in a rush and didn't change out the hooks and add extra split rings. I usually do it to big lures when fishing for stripers. However, I surely didn't expect to have the hook rip the hook hanger off.

I'll try and contact R2S. I'm not expecting anything and I shouldn't, but I do want them to know the issue with quality and durability. Thanks for the feedback.

I was in a rush and didn't change out the hooks and add extra split rings. I usually do it to big lures when fishing for stripers. However, I surely didn't expect to have the hook rip the hook hanger off.

I'll try and contact R2S. I'm not expecting anything and I shouldn't, but I do want them to know the issue with quality and durability. Thanks for the feedback.

While that is perfect expectation, everything was still stock. Therefore, would it not be correct in assuming the split ring should fail before the hook hanger? That is probably something you can leverage with the R2S.

Good luck!

I have a few of the 168 and 200 size baits and have not had any issues with largemouths up to 6 pounds; have not tossed them in the saltwater yet. All of mine have tracked straight but I have noticed that the sink rates vary a bit from bait-to-bait. I fish some places that have northern pike and I tend to use these more in those places since they are a lot less $$$ to replace than other glides. By the way T Dot did an excellent thread on how to shave down the joint on these bait to improve the glide. It makes a tremendous difference.

been throwing a couple since they have come out with a lot of fish on them and no problems with mine yet or any other R2S product for that matter. I only have caught largies though, not stripes so i can't comment on them with type of a fish. i have caught several in the 7-8lb range with it and have yet to have an issue. no problems with paint either like some have said. i find myself throwing them a lot more than my other more expensive glides because i will throw them into heavier cover and not worry as much about losing them. i have to say that i have cuaght more fish on them, i don't think due to the action or anything but becuase of where i will htrow the r2s apposed to the others i have. sucks yours broke and that others have had issues, i guess i am just lucky or you guys are unlucky...