Location for big baits

Walker_wilson13

I'm fairly new to throwing big baits. 8" hudds, slide swimmers, I just need to know where to throw these things. All the big baits I fish are under water baits and I would like some tips from people who fish these baits regularly and where there favorite situations are to throw them. Thanks!

best advice I ever got was when your lining up a cast and targeting big fish was to make sure your cast allows the fish to "pin" or corner the bait and have the upper hand. Like casting shallow to deep, or tight to a sea wall or other cover. Visualize where the fish should be and retrieve the bait where the fish can abmush it properly and have the upper hand... out in open water prey has infinite option for escape, start taking those aways and I found i have much more success

Some people have success with the whole pinning location idea but for me its complete opposite of that. Biggest thing is to not limit your self, which you already are starting to do. Throw it anywhere and everywhere and pay attention to the follows they will tell you all you need to know

bluff wall or point and they are going to swim along that wall or around that point. Deep water channels are a good place. Also what some people miss is on the bank there's the clear water to the dark water and that line is a great place .Just go out and throw it. The followers will tell you where they hangout and also the bait you should be throwing.

best advice I ever got was when your lining up a cast and targeting big fish was to make sure your cast allows the fish to "pin" or corner the bait and have the upper hand. Like casting shallow to deep, or tight to a sea wall or other cover. Visualize where the fish should be and retrieve the bait where the fish can abmush it properly and have the upper hand... out in open water prey has infinite option for escape, start taking those aways and I found i have much more success

+1 give the fish a way to pin the bait and you'll end up with less follows and more bites. When I first started fishing bigger baits it was at night I noticed almost all my bites were coming within a couple feet of the shoreline no matter how far out I would cast. As soon as I caught on to that I started to catch more fish. For me I think you can cast all you want but if you take a second to sit back and think your cast through before you make it then you're going to catch more fish

+1 give the fish a way to pin the bait and you'll end up with less follows and more bites. When I first started fishing bigger baits it was at night I noticed almost all my bites were coming within a couple feet of the shoreline no matter how far out I would cast. As soon as I caught on to that I started to catch more fish. For me I think you can cast all you want but if you take a second to sit back and think your cast through before you make it then you're going to catch more fish

+2

Works for me. Bring the bait into somewhere where it can't swim off and the fish knows it. Day time twitch it in tight corner, over logs, weed line,ect and night is a different story. I just fish the shore as close to 1ft of water. You'll be surprise where there at.

Some people have success with the whole pinning location idea but for me its complete opposite of that. Biggest thing is to not limit your self, which you already are starting to do. Throw it anywhere and everywhere and pay attention to the follows they will tell you all you need to know

+1

Somethings I have learned are: 1. Find the most isolated piece of cover you can find whether it be a tree, dock or rockpile. Usually look for something by itself because most big fish are territorial and set up on isolated cover due to lack of competition. 2. If your lake has a river or major creek try to target those because I have found you catch bigger fish in those sections and they are easier to target due to a smaller volume of water and more defined channels. Basically it's easier to guess where big fish will set up. 3. Make your first cast to cover your best one so position your boat, bait, and body in the optimal position to work that piece of cover the best on the first cast. Also make as long as casts as possible.