Had a bad feeling about this one

Archtx9

I'd been throwing the DEPS 250 for a few hours and knew that I needed to retie,,,,,thinking maybe the knot is old......so I did the right thing and retied......but didn't notice that the line had looped around the eyelet......dang coaching mistake!

http://youtu.be/h1u2mCJnhyo

I'd been throwing the DEPS 250 for a few hours and knew that I needed to retie,,,,,thinking maybe the knot is old......so I did the right thing and retied......but didn't notice that the line had looped around the eyelet......dang coaching mistake!

http://youtu.be/h1u2mCJnhyo

Man, that sucks, but learned a lot on the vid, how to fish a deps out of the water :D . I was fishing that lake on the 29th, very windy in the afternoon. Fished an S Waver 200 no bites. the song was cool (funny twist, guess you just got laugh when all else fails)

Don....yep I have a couple backups. I went out again on Sunday to get rid of the bad mojo. Not so bad that I lost a bait, but it was the bait of my 45-13 limit. After throwing the backup for awhile, it was all about the next bite. If the wind wasn't blowing 20mph I would have found it. The bait hit in about 3 FOW, but quickly dropped to 8+. Needed you fence retriever :mrgreen: or a cast net.

Don....yep I have a couple backups. I went out again on Sunday to get rid of the bad mojo. Not so bad that I lost a bait, but it was the bait of my 45-13 limit. After throwing the backup for awhile, it was all about the next bite. If the wind wasn't blowing 20mph I would have found it. The bait hit in about 3 FOW, but quickly dropped to 8+. Needed you fence retriever :mrgreen: or a cast net.

Ok good, Backups are golden :D

I lost a bait this summer, went back the next day with a cast net, and ruined the cast net. But that bait and the net doesn't amount to the price of the deps, sorry for your loss!

• 2 weeks later...

That sucks man. Hope you get it back. I appreciate the post. Just taught me one more thing to always take a look at as there's been plenty of times I don't look for that. Thanks. And let us know if you get it back. Good luck

• 3 weeks later...