What the......

Batallas22

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was on a jig, but one spring I caught my own sweatshirt that I didn't even realize I had lost the year before...

Thats the sickest thing I've ever hear!

I have poor memory so I couldn't tell ya the strangest thing, I've caught lots of weird stuff. Last winter I was out with Matty and Jon and I caught a toad of a pillow, a diving mask and a pair of shorts in the same spot in a matter of probably ten casts.

Either that spot was a dump,

or a guy in shorts went snorkeling and brought his pillow down for an underwater nap, and then just left it there. Couldn't tell ya...

:| Years ago in the late 80's when I was in my teens, me and a couple of buddies used to fish the lower kern river for bass. One day wedged between a couple of rocks I found a fanny pack. Inside the pack was a freezer bag that contained a suicide note. The note was from a guy to his wife, talking about that if they couldn't be together he didn't want to live. It was pretty sad stuff. At the end of the note the guy left his full name and address. Anyway long story short my buddy Tim had a neighbor that was Bakersfield police. We gave him the note and fanny pack. We talked to Mr. Moore, the cop, a couple of weeks later. He informed us that law enforcement made contact with the guy and that the fanny pack had been lost for quite a while. He told us the guy admitted to jumping in the Kern in order to commit suicide but after bouncing off a few rocks decided it wasn't his time. In the struggle to get to shore he lost his fanny pack and there it was wedged between the rocks high and dry when I found it. The guy in the mean time had reconciled with his wife, so all in all a happy ending. The Kern has taken a lot of lives but spared his. I hope they are still married today.

:| Years ago in the late 80's when I was in my teens, me and a couple of buddies used to fish the lower kern river for bass. One day wedged between a couple of rocks I found a fanny pack. Inside the pack was a freezer bag that contained a suicide note. The note was from a guy to his wife, talking about that if they couldn't be together he didn't want to live. It was pretty sad stuff. At the end of the note the guy left his full name and address. Anyway long story short my buddy Tim had a neighbor that was Bakersfield police. We gave him the note and fanny pack. We talked to Mr. Moore, the cop, a couple of weeks later. He informed us that law enforcement made contact with the guy and that the fanny pack had been lost for quite a while. He told us the guy admitted to jumping in the Kern in order to commit suicide but after bouncing off a few rocks decided it wasn't his time. In the struggle to get to shore he lost his fanny pack and there it was wedged between the rocks high and dry when I found it. The guy in the mean time had reconciled with his wife, so all in all a happy ending. The Kern has taken a lot of lives but spared his. I hope they are still married today.

I think the suicide note takes the cake :lol:

It was on a jig, but one spring I caught my own sweatshirt that I didn't even realize I had lost the year before...

Thats the sickest thing I've ever hear!

I have poor memory so I couldn't tell ya the strangest thing, I've caught lots of weird stuff. Last winter I was out with Matty and Jon and I caught a toad of a pillow, a diving mask and a pair of shorts in the same spot in a matter of probably ten casts.

Either that spot was a dump,

or a guy in shorts went snorkeling and brought his pillow down for an underwater nap, and then just left it there. Couldn't tell ya...

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was fishing a local pond by my house last year. Snagged something heavy. Took about 10 minutes to finally reel in. It was a plastic bag. Didn't think much about it so tossed it to the side can kept fishing. On my way out, I decided to observe the bag in interest. Decided to open it up with a knife as it was tied in a knot. It contained some rocks, a letter, 2 empty lunch bags, a burnt picture and a folded up $20 bill. I could not make out what the picture nor letter said or was. Tripped me the f*ck out. I will try and find the picture, it is on my old phone.