I will take it

bassbass

And to add to this:

When sellers put a bait up for sale, list everything about the bait that a reasonable person would ask: ROF, Condition, Gen 1 or 2, color, etc.

I agree with this. If you post it for sale, then make sure all the info is there and maybe a pic or two. I have missed out on baits because I don't automatically say that I will take it. I usually wont buy a bait without seeing a pic first or knowing all of the info about it. This also includes price. I've had times where I was the first to respond but lost the bait because I said that I'm very interested vs somebody that just says they will take it even though I had full intentions of buying the bait.

This has nothing to do with what I am trying to say. I try to post everything about the bait and a picture. It makes on difference to me if someone buys the bait or it sits with all the other ones. I hear what you are saying, I also like to know what I am buying and there are more people trying to screw people lately.

This has to do with "I will take it" not "what color is it".

The point I am trying to make is follow through with your word. Even if it is to say i typed the wrong word or I do not want it anymore, or my GF took my money for drugs and sex toys. Just don't blow someone off after I asked 3-4 times if they still wanted it.

I remember about a couple of months ago someone PM'ed about a bait that I was selling. He said I really like this bait but will not have the money for about a week. I said give me your word and I will hold the bait. He got the bait and it's all about your word.

I have a trade going on right now, I already received the bait but the baits I sent are running late. This is the USPS but still not looking good on my end. If those baits do not show up it is my problem, even though I have the insurance. You can make sure he will get the baits that we agreed on even if I have to send if two more of the same baits.

I like to give them a chance because I know things do came up, and I would not like it if the tables where turned and I missed out on a bait because say my daughter needed help and it took a couple of hours.

My post wasn't geared toward you but more of speaking "in general" terms. I agree that it is BS for somebody to say that they will take a bait and ask for you to hold it for them only to flake out. When I agree to purchase a bait, I try to send the cash asap within minutes.

Not every post here has pics, a full description, or even a price, so from a buyer's perspective it's easier to commit to purchasing a bait if all of the info is up front. Like I said, I have missed out on baits that I really want because I respond that I am very interested vs somebody else saying that they will take it. I personally would rather miss out on a bait than get screwed on one (I did get taken on a fake Hinkle listing but luckly used paypal goods and services and had my credit card company stop payment asap).

My point was that a person may PM that they will take a bait before seeing a pic or knowing the condition because some baits are in such high demand that you have to be quick to respond in order to get them.... only to back out when they hear back from the seller and get all of the information (not saying this is the right thing to do). Simply listing all of the information up front can help both sides complete an easy transaction.

My post wasn't geared toward you but more of speaking "in general" terms. I agree that it is BS for somebody to say that they will take a bait and ask for you to hold it for them only to flake out. When I agree to purchase a bait, I try to send the cash asap within minutes.

Not every post here has pics, a full description, or even a price, so from a buyer's perspective it's easier to commit to purchasing a bait if all of the info is up front. Like I said, I have missed out on baits that I really want because I respond that I am very interested vs somebody else saying that they will take it. I personally would rather miss out on a bait than get screwed on one (I did get taken on a fake Hinkle listing but luckly used paypal goods and services and had my credit card company stop payment asap).

My point was that a person may PM that they will take a bait before seeing a pic or knowing the condition because some baits are in such high demand that you have to be quick to respond in order to get them.... only to back out when they hear back from the seller and get all of the information (not saying this is the right thing to do). Simply listing all of the information up front can help both sides complete an easy transaction.

I agree. Glad you got your money back on the bad deal.

A little patience from both ends would definitely help. I've been on both sides and it can definitely be frustrating from either end. I've missed out on baits because my email push notifications on my phone was set to 30 minutes and the seller wanted payment within 15 minutes

A little patience from both ends would definitely help. I've been on both sides and it can definitely be frustrating from either end. I've missed out on baits because my email push notifications on my phone was set to 30 minutes and the seller wanted payment within 15 minutes

I hear you but I am talking two days...

Not minutes.

Anyone think this problem is due to lots and lots of kids on the site now? Not saying that this is something only kids do, but seems to me there have been a lot of issues later with the younger crowd.

Yes!!! :lol::lol::lol: !!!!! :P:P !!!! :D:D:D:lol:8-)

Hey, not all of us are bad, just most :lol::lol::D

bassbass, I wasn't trying to take away from your point. I completely understand what you are saying and I most certainly am not one of those type of people that you are referring to. I was just trying to ADD to the whole buying/selling conversation. I should've started my own topic :lol: I'm with you on your point.

My opinion: I think that 24 hours is a reasonable amount of time to wait before moving on to the next buyer.

bassbass, I wasn't trying to take away from your point. I completely understand what you are saying and I most certainly am not one of those type of people that you are referring to. I was just trying to ADD to the whole buying/selling conversation. I should've started my own topic :lol: I'm with you on your point.

My opinion: I think that 24 hours is a reasonable amount of time to wait before moving on to the next buyer.

Thanks. I was not saying in any way that you where one of those guys.....

It all comes down to communications........I sound like someone's wife right now :lol:

• 2 years later...

I feel this needs to be revisited; I'm not the most frequent of posters on here but for shits sake people if you PM you will take it you should be held accountable. I have 5 star, super hero members of this forum replying that they will purchase an item then... (enter the sound of crickets). On the other end of the spectrum I've sent payment to several reputable lazy POS's on here who accept money and then snooze on sending the items purchased. 

Okay, I get it maybe they didn't have time to sign in over the last couple of days... oh, but wait... their last activity is displayed and they have been in and out multiple times. 

My advice... don't be a "not allowed" "Not Allowed"; be accountable for your actions or own up and just say "sorry dude, something came up".

Is it okay to chastise these people and call them out on their bullshit? Or will too many feelings get hurt and will it be considered internet bullying? 

Lots of respect for those who have been open and honest but to all you flakes, you honestly ruin everything great I think this site is about. 

Is it okay to chastise these people and call them out on their bullshit? Or will too many feelings get hurt and will it be considered internet bullying?

Call them out if you think it's warranted. I've personally had this happen a couple times. But I've been on the other side where all my messages get deleted or I just don't see it. First try to take care of it thru pm though.

This is a older post but this site has changed.

I wanted a lure that was for sale and I said I would take it and asked a question. Had to read my daughter a book and get her to bed, came back and seen "bait sold", OK food, but it was sold to someone else. I think people know me by now, my word is gold. People really need to figure that out, if you say or type something you need to follow through.

Anyways GO CATCH SOME FISH....

Maybe I misunderstood your original post, it sounded like you were having issues with individuals wanting to purchase an item then... nothing. I'm aware it's an older post and that's why I commented questioning the need to revisit the topic. I appreciate the situations individuals find themselves in; however, it seems to me as if the whole ordeal is getting so much worse. I posted this here because I recalled reading something similar regarding the situation I was facing and utilized the search button rather than just immediately posting. I was curious to see if there were any definitive decisions made regarding how to handle such douchebaggery on this site pertaining to either ends of the spectrum. I figured those of you who use this site more regularly than myself should have more say in the etiquette involved here. I'm thinking from now on I'll do away with PMs regarding sales; I'm not flipping anything and everything I'm selling is up for equal to or less than I paid... mostly from this site. Why not have the whole thing transparent I guess, that way when someone on here says "I'll take it" maybe we can collectively hold them accountable.  I did not mean for my frustration with my own issues to be an attack in any way to the original situation of you loosing a bait offer while taking care of your family, I guess I misunderstood the original post.