I-Slide 262T

FarNorth

My new Megabass I-Slide 262T's have arrived. Paint jobs are nice and hooks and rings are much beefier than on the 185 (my biggest complaint about the originals). No more mag hold for the hooks. Removable tail, will have to see how it holds up. Grabbed two of the pre release ones as the colors should work well for the fishing I do. Decent price as well compared to offerings from other Japanese bait companies, $87.00 US each after shipping. Now i just have to wait 5 months for open water... Sorry no swim video but megabass jp has one on their website.

Packaged like an I-Phone...

98C17FC0-746C-4A79-BCB3-7033E8E57E1D_zps3gvv67nm.jpg

8073C756-39B0-4F8B-8FA8-4DED6A829654_zpswgb4ye1y.jpg

GLX Silver Salmon & Coral Pink Back

E6CFFC13-AC09-4D86-9383-6A0F92E8599D_zps6fudhbck.jpg

Packaging included for in your Tacklebox/Boat

3C805FE9-7798-4885-BB70-D12569B84A46_zpsjqa0ztit.jpg

Size compared with I-Slide 185 and Deps 250

099D4C68-7D7A-442A-91EE-E4846D06B053_zpskuw6vhdv.jpg

Is the rof on this one dependent on water temperatures also?

It's my understanding that every bait's ROF depends on water temperature....it's just that Megabass has done the research and makes the info available.

Yes to the RoF and water temp. They have a little booklet with the bait that mentions it and the temp that it suspends at. It comes with double split rings on each hook so that you can go down to singles in colder water and mentions hook changes or suspend dots for when it gets warmer. Stock hooks are ST-56's, 3/0 front, 2/0 rear.

After watching the video a couple of times I'd say I still have no idea if it swims well or not. The underwater footage looked like it have very limited movement but the overhead footage was somewhat better. Lots of the footage seemed to be at just a steady retrieve with no pauses. None of it showed much of a wide glide, but maybe that was just how it was retrieved. I think we'll need to have someone here actually fish it and report. It certainly looks nice, but I've come to the conclusion that it much easier to make a bait that looks good than to make a bait that swims good. :)

• 2 months later...