How do you carry your second rod?

Rharris918

Question for the shore pounders on here. I just bought my second rod and fished the other day. While walking the bank I would put the rod I wasnt using against a tree or against the fence. Its not really that big of a hassle but figured some one might have a cool way of holding their second rod.

Yep... I usually just prop it against a tree or bush, and that generally works well, except for last week when I decided to get out for a quick evening trip and caught a pretty new phenix and 400d on my backswing and bounced that combo off some rocks. Ouch. :shock::D

I see some of those "urban anglers" used a stroller before...

Yea I've seen some guys with setups like the crab guys use, cart with pvc rod holders zip-tied to the sides. Depends on how the terrain is for where you want to take it.

I use my backpack to carry my rods sometimes (when I need to do some climbing or walking in an area that I need to use my hands to help move across (ledges, etc.) I strap it in with reel in-between the straps, keeps it in place really well and I can fit a big swimbait tackle box, 3.0 liter water bladder, and whatever else I need to bring with me.

post-4503-14253015065651_thumb.jpg

yep one rod for sure, all the other rods do is create hassle, too difficult to try to carry other rods while fishing as they hit branches and ish if they stand straight up like that. Setting them down is a pain because i'm usually walking down the bank and don't want to constantly pick up and set down rods