That flip is strong

nickh87

Yeah I imagine there will be flippers when I send out my first batch. On the Deps it really doesn't make sense anymore. I believe the stores will all them right after the show so they wont be hard to get. There wont be any need to pay over retail. The Deps flipping market will die if it hasn't already. Unless the older models become more desirable.

Edited by Mattlures

Lets face it- you are never going to eliminate flipping so my solution would be to have the bait makers flip the baits themselves.  Mark  the first baits with a #1 through #10 and put them up on fleabay a few weeks before the regular release to the public.  That might not mean much to a bigger company like Deps,  but to the smaller one or two  man shops like HPH, Hinkle, Mattlures, Black Dog, etc it would be significant.  Let the guys who build 'em get the benefit of the initial "flipping".

Lets face it- you are never going to eliminate flipping so my solution would be to have the bait makers flip the baits themselves.  Mark  the first baits with a #1 through #10 and put them up on fleabay a few weeks before the regular release to the public.  That might not mean much to a bigger company like Deps,  but to the smaller one or two  man shops like HPH, Hinkle, Mattlures, Black Dog, etc it would be significant.  Let the guys who build 'em get the benefit of the initial "flipping".

+1,000,001 It doesn't make sense for people who don't even throw swimbaits, just sell them, to make so much money flipping...

Yeah I imagine there will be flippers when I send out my first batch. On the Deps it really doesn't make sense anymore. I believe the stores will all them right after the show so they wont be hard to get. There wont be any need to pay over retail. The Deps flipping market will die if it hasn't already. Unless the older models become more desirable.

Once the pipeline gets filled with the 250 demand, it will back way off as does everything else.  We may find that we like the old style better because "there is a difference" in them.

What you will see is the baits that are sparingly made or no longer in production. Those will still be in demand if they are good baits in general to start with. So the $$$ will still be up there.

I seriously doubt that ...the market is controlled by the lack of quantity

I mean look at roman made.. Back a few years ago you could go on tacklewarehouse and buy them no problem.. The weren't marked up then.. Why are they now? Because of how good they are? No it's because they are hard to find

Everyone wants the latest thing and 80% of the time these guys are just taking baits out of the hands of the guys who will fish them... It's sad but it's all part of the game

I mean look at roman made.. Back a few years ago you could go on tacklewarehouse and buy them no problem.. The weren't marked up then.. Why are they now? Because of how good they are? No it's because they are hard to find

Everyone wants the latest thing and 80% of the time these guys are just taking baits out of the hands of the guys who will fish them... It's sad but it's all part of the game

Quote #2 of the day! I could get negotiators for $63 before this recent spike of faggotry....I wouldn't pay that much for em now still.

Definitely agree with you

Just saying if some bad reviews or whatever come out about the new ones, the demand for the old ones may go higher

90% of people won't notice any difference though

Flipping on the HPH Gliding Gizzard is almost as bad. I need one for a tournament in 3 weeks and the only ones I can find are $300. plus.

Crazy what flippers have done to the market. If anyone has one that they are willing to let go of  PM or Text me 817-480-5115.

Your baits will definitely get flipped , Matt. They're already making a "splash" and may even become a more highly sought after bait than the Deps. And you have floaters and sinkers, and they already are accounting for decent fish, so they definitely will have some price hikes by people. And I agree with what one guy said earlier, some of these guys are fishermen, they just buy 2 or 3 of the baits, then use one and flip the rest. I just don't understand the guy who waits hours to get into shows like Fred Hall and Bassathon, only to get the bait, then to turn around and sell it. But oh well...

You guys have to realize a lot of these dudes don't fish

100% agree with this. I don't know if anyone else is/was a shoe collector at one point in time but the swimbait/shoe market are very similar. Lots of people seem to buy them to flip them. I have friends that wait in line for shoes just to make a few extra bucks and they wear the same shoes to work as they do on dates