new deps250

alexgee

I fished my NIB 2015 deps 250 flash carp.  It is lighter than the OG, it has a weight and spring system in front for "vibration" interesting the OG never had this and it caught fish like CRAZY, why now?  What I can say is it definitely dips up and down on quick stops and starts (that what happens when you have a loaded spring in the front) .  That said anyone want to trade an OG 250 for a New 250 flash carp :mrgreen: 

I picked up a new250 off tw and the spring weight makes no movement un less hit extremely hard unlike my 175 witch will vibrate wile swimming anyone else notice this.

Went out the other day and threw a new 250 for a little.  it swam absolutely perfect.  My buddy even had his og tied on and we threw them right next to eachother a bunch to compare swims.  They almost touched nose to tail on each turn, they literally had the exact same glide.  ROF was very close too but the og sinks a tad faster.  Not much difference guys....

I believe the stealthy nature of the OG is what brings it the big bites.  The combination of stealth, but with a highly visual action is what gets the larger fish to commit.

I am sure the newer ones will get bit just fine, but not the same way as the OG.  I feel the older fish, especially when pressured, are hesitant to go to baits that bring attention to itself. The stealthy nature of the OG is sort of like a Hud- something about the subtle presentation gets bit.

The fish are already highly aware of their surroundings, the last thing they need is the bait to be vibrating, saying “Here I am, come eat me".  The vibration will only raise red flags.

I think Deps added the vibration to compensate for the switch to plastic. Deps needed something to make the new model different then the OG, because if not, it would just appear they were decreasing in quality.

But like everything, there is a time and place for every bait. Some times the fish want a higher energy presentation and the newer model will do just that.
Edited by C_R_TX

I believe the stealthy nature of the OG is what brings it the big bites.  The combination of stealth, but with a highly visual action is what gets the larger fish to commit.

I am sure the newer ones will get bit just fine, but not the same way as the OG.  I feel the older fish, especially when pressured, are hesitant to go to baits that bring attention to itself. The stealthy nature of the OG is sort of like a Hud- something about the subtle presentation gets bit.

The fish are already highly aware of their surroundings, the last thing they need is the bait to be vibrating, saying “Here I am, come eat me".  The vibration will only raise red flags.

I think Deps added the vibration to compensate for the switch to plastic. Deps needed something to make the new model different then the OG, because if not, it would just appear they were decreasing in quality.

But like everything, there is a time and place for every bait. Some times the fish want a higher energy presentation and the newer model will do just that.

just for reference, I have had some of the best big fish fisherman I know(nationally acclaimed) approach me about making custom baits that "vibrate a little bit just like a scared baitfish does" so I dont know if the vibration thing is much of a turn off, these guys swear by that. That was put there to be more than a gimmick

just for reference, I have had some of the best big fish fisherman I know(nationally acclaimed) approach me about making custom baits that "vibrate a little bit just like a scared baitfish does" so I dont know if the vibration thing is much of a turn off, these guys swear by that. That was put there to be more than a gimmick

Fair enough, could go either way.  Reminds me of the shimmy of a Senko on the fall. Just my thoughts.